HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2006, 07:02 AM
Joined Jun 2006
7 Posts
Help!
Why wont my car start?

Hi

I own a Kyosho McLaren BMW F-1 GTR model petrol car. I have recently had it started and was using it for around 2 hours. Then the next day after i charge my Glow start, filled the tank with fuel and tried to start it i have found out that it wont.

It will although start after you have pulled the pull start like 50 times. I have checked teh engine to see if it was flooded but it doesnt seem to be. I have also checked wether it was the glow start not wowking properly and again it doesnt seem to be that.

Anyone got any ideas on what is the problem and how i can sort it?

regards
rateit05 is offline Find More Posts by rateit05
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2006, 09:02 AM
jimi hendrix
Joined Apr 2006
1,509 Posts
put your finger over the car ore exhaust and pull 5-10 tilms till u see feul go in do the engine (ore press primer button ig you have one on ur tank) then try and start it
spitfire123 is offline Find More Posts by spitfire123
Old Jun 22, 2006, 09:14 AM
Joined Jun 2006
7 Posts
Nope it sitll wont start.

Do you think cleaning out the engone will work?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 06:09 PM
dont play with rc anymore
United States, MO, St Joseph
Joined Feb 2005
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rateit05
Nope it sitll wont start.

Do you think cleaning out the engone will work?
No.

If it will start eventually,it will most likely be the carb settings or fuel line.
Can you see any air bubbles in the line?
How old is the glow plug?
If you have a spare,try it.

First step should be to reset all carb needles to factory settings. You can usually find this info on the manufacturers site.
micronut is offline Find More Posts by micronut
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:28 AM
Joined Jun 2006
7 Posts
Can you see any air bubbles in the line? Yes but the fuel is going through the line as i have double checked it.

How old is the glow plug? Not really sure, but i know it has rarly been used.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 06:05 PM
Joined Feb 2005
1,249 Posts
air in the line will cause serious starting probs.
It will make the motor run way too lean.

I just went through the exact same thing...had air bubbles in the line,wouldn't start unless I pulled it 30+ times,and when it did,was idling high and dying contantly.

Fixed the fuel line and she's runnin like a champ!
I'd also replace the glow plug...they are cheap.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 06:12 PM
Joined Jun 2006
7 Posts
the glow plus doesnt seem to be the problem though, as it stil lights up when you attach it to the glow plug.

Anyway how do you suggest to get rid of the air bubbles in the fuel line?
Old Jun 23, 2006, 08:48 PM
Joined Feb 2005
1,249 Posts
make sure that the fuel line is good-if not sure,you can buy tubing from any hardware store(usually in the plumbing section) or your LHS.

Then,zip tie all connections nice and snug.
Are you using an inline filter? If not,you should.

If you still have probs after getting rid of the bubbles,you should take the carb apart and clean it with nitro wash(don't forget your needle settings).
Old Jun 24, 2006, 05:46 AM
Wheres my money gone?
Colwyn Bay North Wales
Joined Apr 2005
550 Posts
are you giving the car an throttle when you are trying to start it? i find giving it a little bit of throttle makes all the difference.
Rusted is offline Find More Posts by Rusted
Old Jun 24, 2006, 05:57 AM
Joined Jun 2006
7 Posts
i have tried giving it throttle but that does seem to work. I think i will take it back to the shop where i got it from and see what they have to say about the problem. Then if they know exactly what is is then in the future if it happends againi should know what to do.

Anyway thanks for the help guys, really appreciated

regards
Old Jun 24, 2006, 08:35 AM
Joined Jun 2006
7 Posts
Turns out the problem was that i had to tighten some screws.

Anyone know what screws?
Old Apr 09, 2008, 01:04 AM
Joined Apr 2008
9 Posts
ya i know. you should try the high speed needle. its the one where the fuel line is entering to the carb. you should probably try replacing your glow plug. even though it still glows it may need to be replaced. if it is dim replace it. but if it glows bright orange than thats not the prob. well hope i helped!
ronnie696 is offline Find More Posts by ronnie696
Old Oct 25, 2008, 02:49 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2 Posts
hi people my names dave im 15 and you lot have more experience with these nitro cars than me i bought this car off my mate and i cant get it to start i have a purple glow plug and a red glow plug i have alot ov nitro with it and i cant get it to start...
ive tryed putting my hand over the exhaust ive tryed tweeking the screw ive pumped fuel into the engine ive done loads and i dont know how to check the glow plugs and i dont know what to do any sugestions??????? other than take it back to my mate because if seen it running loads of times before
gremlin011 is offline Find More Posts by gremlin011
Old Oct 25, 2008, 02:54 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2 Posts
does anyone know how long i need to charge my glow plug for max???
gremlin011 is offline Find More Posts by gremlin011
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
No start

Hey im new to this hobby and i just got my first nitro car it was running fine the day i did the break in and stuff and the day after it was fine also but yesterday mornin i ran a tank through it then about an hour later when i tried to run it it wouldnt start i checked the glow plug and even put a brand new one in and my glow plug igniter was charged the carb has a one mm gap and i thought it was to lean so i reset the carb to factory settings and it wouldnt start on factory settings either i did everything right but then today i tried it and it started i ran a tank through it then the same thing happened an hour later it would not start again i have been running 20% nitro through this engine its a vx .18 engine and the manual said to run 20 % nitro do you have any suggestions
traxxaslosinitro is offline Find More Posts by traxxaslosinitro