SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 21, 2002, 05:28 PM
(Batteries not included.)
Mesa AZ
Joined Jun 2001
655 Posts
A-10 Update

Here's the latest pictures of my scratch built A-10 I'm trying to complete before I leave in a week for Soar Utah. Come on wind!! This thing is getting heavy. I figure a plane this draggy will need weight to fly around anyway so I'm not too concerned if it is heavy. It's 67" span and the fuselage is 6' long. All done 100% to scale in moments and area.
Graphics and a few more details will be added this weekend. This was supposed to be a simple project but it started looking pretty good so I fixed it up a little more than expected. I've got 10 servos onboard and made 5 separate vacuum-form plugs just for the jet nacelles. No, those aren't empty soda pop bottles.

Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2002, 05:41 PM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
9,240 Posts
Damn Dave that puppy is looking great. You know there is no chance for wind though. 1/2 the ISR is going with about 60 planes so that pretty much kills any chance of lift. We are taking our electrics though.

There's gonna be a sheet load PSS planes this year, should be fun.

I'm leaving Sunday so I can spend a few days in Vegas before heading to Utah. We should be at the hill Thursday afternoon. Save some wind for us if you get there first!

TFLG
TFLG is offline Find More Posts by TFLG