SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 25, 2002, 12:54 PM
Monroe, La.
Joined Jul 2002
52 Posts
Match Motor, Battery, & Propeller

Most of the electric plane motors on the market (such as Wattage) are not labelled as to the rated: voltage, amperage, wattage, or RPM with a specified propeller. Also, would an motor shaft adapter be required.

Therefore, I am very confused on how to match a motor with the correct battery & propeller.

Thanks,
Ray Manhart is offline Find More Posts by Ray Manhart
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2002, 01:04 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,361 Posts
Ray, I've always come on here and asked what a good starting point would be, then went from there. After a few setups, you'll start to learn what motors use what props, and batteries, and ESCs, you know, all that good stuff.

What plane are you looking for a power setup for? Wingspan, airfoil, weight, type of model (trainer, sport, aerobatic...)?

By the way, I see we have another member from Louisiana. Starting to close in on me. LOL
KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
Old Jul 25, 2002, 03:06 PM
oakdale, ny, usa
Joined Aug 2000
3,985 Posts
Try this free calculator

http://custompaintjob.com/ezcalc/dma.asp
poobs is offline Find More Posts by poobs