HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:07 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
66 Posts
Discussion
Het F-16 Edf

Has or is anyone else from Australia orderd one of these?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429472

Im glad i found this befor i found somone with old stock of the Kyosho F-16
( I have been looking)
I orderd mine today
I did not order Motor or ESC yet. i want to make sure we dont have a better option here first?
rallyant is offline Find More Posts by rallyant
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2006, 11:14 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2006
164 Posts
I just read through that thread, that looks sooo tempting, I'm can see why you gave in. The EDF offer is on until the 10th of July. I wonder how long I can hold out.
dev|ant is offline Find More Posts by dev|ant
Old Jun 29, 2006, 12:53 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
199 Posts
Hi Guys

I'm thinking of ordering one too. Were do you guys fly edf?? I've been flying at VARMS with Bill Hamilton and Gregg Voak.

Rod
teamkaos is offline Find More Posts by teamkaos
Old Jun 29, 2006, 03:13 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamkaos
Hi Guys

I'm thinking of ordering one too. Were do you guys fly edf?? I've been flying at VARMS with Bill Hamilton and Gregg Voak.

Rod
I Have just got into planes myslef.. have been a heli man.
Im not to far from VARMS so i should join up there. I get to fly in 240acres of land at the moment. so have never botherd. but i guess its about time i met some other modelers

Let me know if u do get one.. Id love to see some other EDFs in action.

Glen
rallyant is offline Find More Posts by rallyant
Old Jul 11, 2006, 09:44 AM
Australia, QLD, King Scrub
Joined Jun 2005
1,376 Posts
I'm looking at one for Xmas. I already have a red/white F20 and love it. I'll probably get the aircraft from Markos at Warbirds-rc as he really looked after me for the F20.

I fly at PRAMS in Brisbane www.prams.asn.au. I know of one other F20 out Toowoomba way, and that is about it up this way.

Danny
twang is online now Find More Posts by twang
Old Jul 11, 2006, 06:36 PM
Plays with Toys
Port Fairy, Australia
Joined Jun 2005
1,972 Posts
F16

Hi all,

I have a nice shiiney grey one in the shop that I think might have to come home with me for winter and summer and ..... I can't have the wings warping from the cold.

I have been looking into a power plant for a while and about the best and most affordable option seems to be the 2W20 Het motor on a Wemotec minifan. If the figures I have seen are correct 1300g of thrust :-) The only problem is the bank loan for the 4s3700 EVO Lipo's, 2 packs will do but 3 or 4 would be nicer.

BTW Rod finally got around to repairing my old Gryphon over the last few days after some ratbag broke it all those years ago, I wonder if that fence is still there?

Regards

Tim
tim_mellor is offline Find More Posts by tim_mellor
Old Jul 17, 2006, 02:58 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
199 Posts
Hi Tim

Good to hear that you fixed that model, I did offer to do it for you.......

Now how did you get an F16 so soon, they've only just hit the stores in the US and Mike still doesn't have them locally?

cheers

rod
teamkaos is offline Find More Posts by teamkaos
Old Jul 17, 2006, 06:43 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2006
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_mellor
I have a nice shiiney grey one in the shop that I think might have to come home with me for winter and summer and .....
Hey, no teasing! Words like that will have me dropping an extra $850 on my credit card in no time.
dev|ant is offline Find More Posts by dev|ant
Old Jul 17, 2006, 08:30 AM
RC Addict
Central Coast, Australia
Joined Jan 2001
1,025 Posts
I ordered my Thunder birds F16 tonight from markos at warbirds..should be here in a couple of days..will post pics.. I still have no power setup.. not sure what I will run in it
Jeremy_D is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy_D