http://www.embeddedtronics.com/
kfong is offline Find More Posts by kfong
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2007, 06:47 PM
SlingWinger
San Bernardino, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
1,629 Posts
I have an idea that I think might work well, and is simple. I got this idea one day when I got a flat tire out in the middle of nowhere, when the cheapo jack broke. We hunted around and found a tree branch that was about 6" dia and about 8' long, and a good sized rock to use as a fulcrum.
So I got to thinking I could build a large lever in the shape of the letter L. Put this thing up against the car so that the short piece at the bottom fits where the jack usually goes, put a cushion between the the vertical and the car to prevent damage, place my glider on the top of the L, then pull it back, lifting the car a few inches.
Then let 'er rip!
The Wright bros used a falling weight to launch their early planes.
Portability wouldn't be a problem for me as I have a rack on the car to bungee it down to.
I like the simplicity of the idea. Whaddya think?
dayhead is offline Find More Posts by dayhead
Old Jul 31, 2008, 05:47 PM
Australia, NSW, Katoomba
Joined May 2002
5,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayhead
I have an idea that I think might work well, and is simple. I got this idea one day when I got a flat tire out in the middle of nowhere, when the cheapo jack broke. We hunted around and found a tree branch that was about 6" dia and about 8' long, and a good sized rock to use as a fulcrum.
So I got to thinking I could build a large lever in the shape of the letter L. Put this thing up against the car so that the short piece at the bottom fits where the jack usually goes, put a cushion between the the vertical and the car to prevent damage, place my glider on the top of the L, then pull it back, lifting the car a few inches.
Then let 'er rip!
The Wright bros used a falling weight to launch their early planes.
Portability wouldn't be a problem for me as I have a rack on the car to bungee it down to.
I like the simplicity of the idea. Whaddya think?
BOGGLES THE MIND.!!!
oldpilot is offline Find More Posts by oldpilot