SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:54 AM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Okay thanks. Yeah I was actually thinking of just making my own. Nobody seems to have a single male to dual female.
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:36 AM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,254 Posts
This is what you need is you have deans connectors:

http://wwws.horizonhobby.com/product...s-CSE011000600

I am not sure what connectors you are running, but at least that will give you an idea of what you need to make.
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Thanks. Yeah im running deans connectors. I made a little wiring diagram on paintbrush but im not sure if this is correct. I think im going to just run dual 3s, so to have both esc's pull from both batteries at the same time, would i make a harness like this?
Last edited by electricrc68; Jul 04, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,254 Posts
Your diagram is incorrectly depicting a parallel harness....in fact I think if you made that harness as depicted and connected the batteries you could possibly hurt yourself or someone else close by!

If your going to run two 3s packs, then just hook up each pack up to its respective ESC and then Y-harness the ESC's to the RX, thats all you need to do, no need to overthink it or overcomplicate it...this is exactly how I run my setup. If you wanted to run a single large capacity 3s pack, then you would want to do the parallel setup using the harness I suggested in the link above from one battery to both ESCs. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Okay thank you for clearing that up.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:43 PM
Chi-Town, Il. U.S.A.
Joined Jul 2009
525 Posts
O.K. I'm stumped. I'm interested doing something very similar, but from what I've been shown, those parallel connectors are 2 male/ 1 female. Is this standard? I ask, because I've got a twin set-up that has 2 male deans, comming off the esc's, into twin 3s/2200 packs (Deans being female). I would like to up the cell count, with one pack, but am unsure of the connections.
dlxpkg2000 is offline Find More Posts by dlxpkg2000
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxpkg2000 View Post
O.K. I'm stumped. I'm interested doing something very similar, but from what I've been shown, those parallel connectors are 2 male/ 1 female. Is this standard? I ask, because I've got a twin set-up that has 2 male deans, comming off the esc's, into twin 3s/2200 packs (Deans being female). I would like to up the cell count, with one pack, but am unsure of the connections.
Correct, the link I posted previously was not a good example...since like you pointed out it was with the two male ends which would be used if you wanted to run two packs in parallel to increase the run time with a single ESC. For the airliner, you would want this one, with the two female ends...to connect them to the male ends on the ESCs to a single larger pack.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...BNEQEVVDBQ2DGH

If you want to up the cell count, say a single 4s or 3s pack then use the harness in the link above the has the dual female ends for connection to the two male ESCs. hope this helps.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:12 PM
Chi-Town, Il. U.S.A.
Joined Jul 2009
525 Posts
Thanx, Jetnfast. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
dlxpkg2000 is offline Find More Posts by dlxpkg2000
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:37 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,254 Posts
no worries, glad to help mate!
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:30 AM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
334 Posts
Does anyone know where I can buy the main wing screws ? ? ? ? ?
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Jul 09, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirdredd View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy the main wing screws ? ? ? ? ?
I went to ace hardware and bought some similar. I think they were something like 30mm or 40mm long, but double check that....I would just take the screws with you and see if you can find a comparable one.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 06:27 AM
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Oct 2011
401 Posts
Can any one tell me the size of the box this model comes in, I need it for pickup/transport

Mike
limodune is online now Find More Posts by limodune
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:48 AM
Perth, WA
Joined Jul 2006
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limodune View Post
Can any one tell me the size of the box this model comes in, I need it for pickup/transport

Mike
Does anyone still sell this airplane?
Same is offline Find More Posts by Same
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:22 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same View Post
Does anyone still sell this airplane?
Horizon has discontinued the kit. Some online retailers or ebay might still have some in stock. I just checked Hobbyzone.com for you that always seems to stock HH stuff, and they are sold out too.

I have for sale on the classifieds modifed into a delta scheme with extra fuse that is NIB if your interested...although shipping might be a pain since the boxe(s) are huge!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:28 AM
Perth, WA
Joined Jul 2006
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
I have for sale on the classifieds modifed into a delta scheme with extra fuse that is NIB if your interested...although shipping might be a pain since the boxe(s) are huge!
Thank's for the reply, unfortunately I try avoid having large airplanes shipped over from the US as it generally costs over $100+ on shipping alone.
Same is offline Find More Posts by Same
Last edited by Same; Jul 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM.