SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:55 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
Aftermrket or stock would be fine. do callie graphics have the specs for this model of woulf i have to supply them with something?
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2012, 09:35 PM
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Oct 2011
409 Posts
Hi Lipoflyer
Did you purchase this bird in Aus ? if so where, I am still looking to purchase one

Mike
limodune is offline Find More Posts by limodune
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:45 AM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
335 Posts
I hope that this will help you in your search.SF-RC.com
dirdredd is online now Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:05 AM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipoflyer View Post
Aftermrket or stock would be fine. do callie graphics have the specs for this model of woulf i have to supply them with something?
I am sure they do since i had her make the delta decals for me...
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Oct 2011
409 Posts
Callie has just excepted to do a custom job for my airliner where she will supply as well as the standard scheme clear decals and a cover panel for the port holes the required size and correct spacing, (which I have opened up on the fus for cabin light's) she is very good to deal with and under stands your need's.

Mike
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,256 Posts
awesome, good to hear. I might be calling her up again too since i need some decals for my JHH F-86.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:43 AM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
What are the airframe parts needed to build one of these super airliners? Im really wanting an airliner, and was going to get the hobbyking A380, but i don't trust hobbyking airplanes after reading about some things.

******EDIT: I just checked all the parts to build the airframe up from scratch, its $174 just like the airliner costed! NICE!!!*********
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Last edited by electricrc68; Jul 03, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Girl View Post
68, to run my motors, you need 4S minimum. To run on 3S you'll need a higher kv motor.
The 2855, is also available in a 2300 and 2800 kv ratings, I'd say the 2800's would work for 3S for you.

You wire up the motors just like you Y harness ailerons. The receiver leads are Y harnessed to the receiver, and the power leads run to the pack(s)

If running 2 separate packs, I parallel the connections together, so that both motors are pulling from both packs instead of separate ones.

jamnbec, stock nacelles. Just bored out to fit the fans.
Trick, a 3M 77 spray adhesive can, with a piece of sandpaper wrapped around it, makes a nearly perfect 70mm form for sanding the nacelles.
I have a question. I've decided to run 4s 5000mah in mine. I understand the Y harnessing to the receiver, but what about ESC's? Do you use two ESC's and run a harness there too, or do you use 1 ESC? Im a little confused there. Also, how many amps is your ESC?
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:59 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
I have a question. I've decided to run 4s 5000mah in mine. I understand the Y harnessing to the receiver, but what about ESC's? Do you use two ESC's and run a harness there too, or do you use 1 ESC? Im a little confused there. Also, how many amps is your ESC?
You still have to run two ESCs, one for each motor. You can then do a y-harness to the reciever. Basically you want the throttle channel to output to both ESCs (via the Y-harness). If you are running the stock motors, a 20-30 amp ESC will be fine. If you run upgraded motors, then check on the motor specs to see what is reccomended.

Are you planning on running 4s 5000mah pack? If so that might be too much for the stock motors, just keep that in mind. They are designed to run on a 3s pack.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:02 AM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Well no im going to be running the change sun 10 blade and the motors that glacier linked on page 86. I think i know how the y harness works...I just wire them both up to the same receiver. The thing im confused about is the battery. Im using a single 4s battery, so would I make a harness there too so that power goes to both ESC's from the battery?
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:56 AM
Joined Oct 2011
409 Posts
Yes you will need a Y harness going from your one battery to the two speed controller's

Mike
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:33 AM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Okay cool thanks. Is there somewhere i can read about how to make this Y harness or somewhere to purchase it? Sorry for all the questions.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Okay cool thanks. Is there somewhere i can read about how to make this Y harness or somewhere to purchase it? Sorry for all the questions.
To be 100% clear, you need a "PARALLEL Y-harness" from the 4s battery to the 2 ESC's. I am sure many hobby retailers or even on Ebay will sell a parallel harness that is already fitted to your type of connectors. You could also make one your self. Just make sure you dont screw up the polarity.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:31 AM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Okay thank you.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:51 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2010
825 Posts
You can make one pretty cheap by soldering. Otherwise you can buy them from several hobby shops online as well as ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deans-Ultra-...item5ae46858bc

You will need to make a male/male adaptor for the battery though.
jdlilfan is offline Find More Posts by jdlilfan