HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2006, 02:37 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,634 Posts
I just saw Firemanbill's E-Flite Super Airliner maidened today. What a hoot! He did aileron rolls and loops not 2 minutes in to the flight. Really kewl stuff.
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2006, 09:31 AM
Camarillo, CA
Joined Feb 2005
172 Posts
Horizon Airliner

Has anyone purchased a replacement fuse for the airliner?
Cost? Available?
or is it more effective to purchase a 'spare' airplane?

BZ
Big Zagi is offline Find More Posts by Big Zagi
Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:46 PM
Joined Aug 2006
23 Posts
A new fuse will cost you about $55 USD, so it seems a much better deal than buying a whole new Airliner! Horizon has them available for shipping.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...arts%20Listing

The wings are thin and can be repaired with lightweight foam, but the Fuse if severly cracked or broken would be hard to repair without sacrificing strength and adding alot of weight.
Dragon7 is offline Find More Posts by Dragon7
Old Oct 31, 2006, 04:27 PM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
Hello i just finished my SUPER AIRLINER......what a good looking plane .
I put 2x 400 e-flight motors 2x e-flight 20 amps esc and 2 tp 11,1v 2100 lipo batteries and 147 f FUTABA RECEIVER.
At the moment on the aileron servos i put an y but i can use flap....
Can you tell me how to doit and if i have to put each aileron servo in a different channel for flap without the Y on them ?
I have the FUTABA 9 CA trasmitter wich is the menu to set flaps fonction and how i have to set up.
Can you tell me also how to set up dual rates or other things to make him work properly.
Also what is the best position for the batteries to get the best balance ......
Thank you all for your help
FedericoA is offline Find More Posts by FedericoA
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:39 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jul 2006
40 Posts
FedericoA
I don't know your radio at all but I would say that it's next to impossible to use flaperons when the aileron servo's are tied together with a Y cable. For my radio I simply had to run each servo back to the reciever. Then tie the two channels together and reverse one of the servo's. Then I went to the flaperon menu and setup my ratio's etc... Goodluck and Hope this helps a bit.
Ryan
C5CC is offline Find More Posts by C5CC
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:37 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2004
2,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5CC
FedericoA
I don't know your radio at all but I would say that it's next to impossible to use flaperons when the aileron servo's are tied together with a Y cable. For my radio I simply had to run each servo back to the reciever. Then tie the two channels together and reverse one of the servo's. Then I went to the flaperon menu and setup my ratio's etc... Goodluck and Hope this helps a bit.
Ryan

What do you mean by "tie the two channels together and reverse one of the servo's"? Did you mean setup your computer radio? I find it usually not needed to reverse one of the servos doing dual aileron with y cable. Only need to reverse one servo when doing dual servo elevator.

In order to program flaperon the two servos must NOT be tied together using Y cable. They must be plugged into two separate channels (one at the normal aileron channel the other at the normal flap channel) then go setup the radio to turn on flapperon mixing, adjust servo reverse only if necessary in the radio.
shschon is offline Find More Posts by shschon
Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:56 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Jul 2006
40 Posts
shschon,

Perhaps I wasn't clear but I was trying to say the exact same thing as you. My radio required me to program the 2nd servo to the aileron channel. But then they simply moved together. So I reversed one. That gave me ailerons. Later on I decided to try flaperons on the plane so I then went to that menu and set it up. Perhaps the flapperon option would have automatically reversed the servo for me. I don't know only because I already had done it a few flights before. Either way Hopefully we were both helpfull.

P.S. How is this plane? I've been watching the posts pretty closely and can't decide if I should get one yet. Has anyone tried flapperons yet? My runway "read as road" has a fairly short area to land in. I don't mind hand launching but would like to know I can land her on the wheels.

Thanks
Ryan
C5CC is offline Find More Posts by C5CC
Old Nov 01, 2006, 03:18 AM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2004
1,673 Posts
I started out trying flapperons but they proved ineffective on this aircraft and I switched back to a y-harness. I hand launch the aircraft and land on the grass strip and taxi back in with no problems.

Harry
harrymc is online now Find More Posts by harrymc
Old Nov 01, 2006, 03:51 PM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
So harry ....no need to work on a flapperon set up and better stay wit y-harness....?
Thank you all anyway for your support
Old Nov 01, 2006, 07:20 PM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
Joined Nov 2004
1,673 Posts
For me, the flapperons didn't help at all. I even mixed in a little elevator to stop the pitch-up when flaps were deployed, still no benefit that I could tell. The airliner is really easy to land as it is. I try to hold the nose up a little as to land on the mains for a realistic look on landing. My favorite thing is still to fly the airliner right at dusk, the nav lights look great as the daylight is fading!

Harry
Old Nov 02, 2006, 03:11 AM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
Harry for the battery position where is best to put ( more front or rear can you post picture.
Bye
Old Nov 02, 2006, 03:19 AM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
Joined Nov 2004
1,673 Posts
FedericoA,
I'm on the road away from home right now. I'll be home Friday and will post a picture for you then.

Harry
Old Nov 02, 2006, 07:15 AM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
Thank you for your support......
Old Nov 05, 2006, 11:08 AM
Joined Aug 2005
7 Posts
Here's a link to my video. It was a very windy day... airliner shaked too much... probably because it's too light.

e-flite airliner super windy day rc control ducted fan (3 min 9 sec)
gustesta is offline Find More Posts by gustesta
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:34 AM
Camarillo, CA
Joined Feb 2005
172 Posts
Needed a spare one...

My first airliner was a great bird; lost it in the sun and she hit a big tree...I nearly wore the tires off this airplane it was so much fun to taxi. I got another, it will be nice to incorporate some changes. Before I start, anyone do another paint scheme that they would care to share? I used fiber tape on the leading edge back to the spar, seemed to help stiffen the wing and protect from hanger rash. Any other mods?

BZ
Big Zagi is offline Find More Posts by Big Zagi