Old Jul 01, 2006, 12:10 AM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2004
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shschon
So cool!

Did you actually tried flying it at night?
I haven't yet. . .

I do however, have two other aircraft that I fly at night. Depending on how it goes, that could become three!

Harry
harrymc is offline Find More Posts by harrymc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2006, 03:14 PM
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
orlando, FL
Joined Mar 2003
3,197 Posts
I got a question about this plane...Where are the ESC's and batteries located?

Are they in the Nacelles with the motors? Or are there motor wires running to the fuse?
dogon1013 is offline Find More Posts by dogon1013
Old Jul 01, 2006, 09:20 PM
Ahhgh! Not ANOTHER new plane!
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2001
2,731 Posts
I looked at the Robart website. They have mech retracts for 2 - 5 lb planes. The mains are 2.7 oz for both, the steerable nose gear is 1.7 oz. Figure 8 oz once the servo and mountings are built in. So, can anyone take their Airliner, put 8 0z of extra weight on it, and try a flight?
Robert Stinson is offline Find More Posts by Robert Stinson
Old Jul 02, 2006, 02:46 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,984 Posts
Flew mine today with the 4S pack. Lots of power. Mike Donovan flew his B 777 with the stock setup also today. Took off together on the 2nd flight. I had to keep it about 1/2 to 2/3 throttle so Mike could keep up. Stock setup works great! This really a keeper.
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Jul 02, 2006, 04:21 PM
I can fly anything..... Once!
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Feb 2004
1,143 Posts
Mine was flying with a Curtek lighting system and a little extra weight in paint - around 2 oz's or so. It did not seem to affect it at all, and as Bruff said above - flys quite well on the recommended setup of the Eflite Brushless 3500 Kv outrunners and 3s 2100 Lipo's.
FL62 is offline Find More Posts by FL62
Old Jul 03, 2006, 08:34 AM
Joined Jan 2004
74 Posts
Quote:

Mine was flying with a Curtek lighting system and a little extra weight in paint - around 2 oz's or so. It did not seem to affect it at all, and as Bruff said above - flys quite well on the recommended setup of the Eflite Brushless 3500 Kv outrunners and 3s 2100 Lipo's. FL62

FL62,

Did you mean 1 (one) 3S 2100 Lipo pack or "3s 2100 Lipo's" (two)?

Thanks, Tim
3drc tim is offline Find More Posts by 3drc tim
Old Jul 03, 2006, 09:37 AM
I can fly anything..... Once!
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Feb 2004
1,143 Posts
Two 3s 2100 packs - one for each motor.
FL62 is offline Find More Posts by FL62
Old Jul 03, 2006, 08:09 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Albany County, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,562 Posts
I maidened mine tonight Flew Awesome Stock Recommended setup. CAnt wait to get it flying again!
FASTALJR is offline Find More Posts by FASTALJR
Old Jul 04, 2006, 11:44 PM
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogon1013
I got a question about this plane...Where are the ESC's and batteries located?

Are they in the Nacelles with the motors? Or are there motor wires running to the fuse?
The ESCs sit in a shallow depression in the wing between the nacelles and the fuselage. The batteries are in a compartment infront of the wing with a very nice latched door for easy access.

Flew mine 4 times today.
Hardpacked dirt field, rotated nicely about 80-100 ft.(8-10mph wind)
Good climbout with the recommended 3500kv outrunners.
Flies inverted, slight climb possible while inverted.
Loops are ugly as it flops over the top, typical large airframe/slow speed kinda stuff. No bad habits noticed.
Needs a loudspeaker with screaming passengers sound!LOL

Bruce
bmiller is offline Find More Posts by bmiller
Old Jul 05, 2006, 01:23 AM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,532 Posts
Is this design actually scale? If so, what full size aircraft does it most closely resemble? I understand the legality reasons behind its name but if it is scale then it could be a great entry design into a beginner scale competition. Especially with Harry's light addition.
pdawg is offline Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Jul 05, 2006, 11:12 AM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,933 Posts
Think of the phrase "tripple seven" and the manufacturer is the sound a bouncing ball makes, "boing".

It'll be interesting to see someone take one of these and sand off the stock pain and bumps and glass it and see how lightly it can be done. Lots of work though, big airframe.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Jul 05, 2006, 05:37 PM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,532 Posts
Ed,

Gotcha . So, who's gonna be the first to glass one and get a scale paint job on this "non-scale" airplane? Retracts must also be possible with enough motivation.
pdawg is offline Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Jul 05, 2006, 09:09 PM
Joined Jan 2005
16 Posts
i dony know that retracts are posible with out beefing up the wing i.e. fiberglassing because the wing is really thin
ChrisintheSocal is offline Find More Posts by ChrisintheSocal
Old Jul 06, 2006, 01:52 AM
CAP 232-aholic
Centreville, VA
Joined Jan 2003
1,386 Posts
useless thread.. NO PICS!!!

Mine is on the "to buy list" this month after I unpack my Robbe DASH-7 that still in the box

can you guys share pics of how you installed the light system?
DiabloKid is offline Find More Posts by DiabloKid
Old Jul 07, 2006, 10:14 AM
Cohoes, NY
Joined Dec 2003
36 Posts
This plane flew great on its maiden (see FASTALJR's reply), looked so realistic. However, a post flight inspection found some things to watch for. One of the threaded couplers soldered on to the elevator control rod simply fell off which prompted a resoldering of all the couplers on the elevator and rudder. Also, although the landing gear looks awesome, I found that many of the wheels were bound up. Particularly, the center set of wheels on the main gear rubs against the struts unless they are spaced away with some washers. We also initially found that the nose gear axle nuts need attention. They need to be loosened and lock tighted because they want to tighten down and bind while taxiing. Despite these minor, quality control? issues, the plane appears to be a winner.
KingCobra11 is offline Find More Posts by KingCobra11