HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:01 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,992 Posts
I have not tack it yet but they do sound sweet! Randy I may need to talk to you about a 4S2P pack.
Bob
bruff is online now Find More Posts by bruff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:20 PM
Suspended Account
Utica Il.
Joined Dec 2002
4,222 Posts
I'm here for ya Bob!!!!!

How big are those fans? Sounds like it would be a good system for Mings AirBuss - 1200 watts - that'd be fun

Randy
termite is offline Find More Posts by termite
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:33 PM
I can fly anything..... Once!
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Feb 2004
1,143 Posts
Of all the EDF Planes that bob builds, and he decides to get crazy on the Foamy Airliner

Don't get me wrong, his jets are usually well powered, but not over powered. Then this comes along......

I say that the fans and pylons depart the aiframe first!
FL62 is online now Find More Posts by FL62
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:47 PM
Suspended Account
Utica Il.
Joined Dec 2002
4,222 Posts
HE HE HE HE

Randy
termite is offline Find More Posts by termite
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 24, 2006, 02:52 PM
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
LOL!
Tony flew his already!
140watts per motor with the eflite outrunners, but he says his packs are tired.
So I figure around 300 watts total is "stock" brushless performance.
So maybe Bobs going for unlimited vertical!

Bruce
bmiller is offline Find More Posts by bmiller
Old Jun 24, 2006, 03:33 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,992 Posts
Well it flies fantastic! I could not go to full throttle, with a fresh charge on the 5S pack the ESC could not keep up with the motors. They would sudder and hich-up. At 3/4 throttle I was reading 42000 RPM on the tach. Take off was at 1/2 throttle and most of the flying was done at 1/3 throttle. The Hacker A20-6XL worked great. Put two 6 min flights on the plane. Ordered a 4S pack this should take care of the commutating problem with the ESC. It a great plane.
Bob
Old Jun 25, 2006, 04:26 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2005
1,943 Posts
Saw Bob's fly Sat and it flew great. Lots of power and lifted off quickly. Cant wait till he gets those 4S so we can see some loops and rolls
MattinAZ is online now Find More Posts by MattinAZ
Old Jun 27, 2006, 04:43 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,942 Posts
We havent got ours Pondside yet (uk) :-(
we want to know how we going to get out fitting retracts :-)
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:23 PM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2004
1,687 Posts
I maidened my SuperAirliner this past weekend. First flight was off pavement, second flight was off our club grass runway. Both flights were great! It does take longer to get off of grass but I learned that it takes full up elevator to get the nose wheel light enough to get off the grass (remember to let off a little at lift-off )
I installed a Curtek Systems, Navigational Lighting System earlier this week and tested it tonight. I hope to fly it again with the lighting system tomorrow or Saturday.
I took a 4 minute video of it running up and down the driveway tonight.
I'll get some video of it in the air this weekend.
Here's the link to the video:
E-Flite Super Airliner with Curtek Sytems Navigational Lighting System

Harry
harrymc is offline Find More Posts by harrymc
Old Jun 30, 2006, 11:49 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,993 Posts
Let there be Light!!!!!!!!!!

Harry,

Darn it, it's all your fault now, I must have lights, where can I get a set of those lights for my airliner? While you are it it, tell me about the decals? Did you make them? How?

TUrbulence
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Last edited by CRCJA; Jun 30, 2006 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old Jun 30, 2006, 01:43 PM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2004
1,687 Posts
TUrbulence,
I got the lighting system from http://www.curtek.com. I ordered the combo kit which includes extra lights. The lights come with 28" wires and micro plugs attached, so you will need either extensions or extra wire to extend the wing wires. I ordered extra wire and soldered them in place. Pre-wired extensions are available if you'd rather not fool with soldering. The company is in Nanaimo, B.C.,Canada which is Western Canada. I paid extra for fast shipping and it still took 3 weeks to get my order! The lighting kit is first class and easy, easy to install but if I were you, I'd email the owner, Matthew first to confirm he can send out the package right away. The lights are even brighter than the video shows, they really add alot to the looks of this aircraft!
The HarryAir decals were made on my computer using CorelDraw but any drawing or publishing program will do. I made them the same size as the E-flite decals and kinda in the same style. I printed them on clear 8x10 label sheets and then sprayed them over with clear to protect the ink. They look like they came with the plane. I had to make mine a little different from others somehow!

Harry
harrymc is offline Find More Posts by harrymc
Last edited by harrymc; Jun 30, 2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 04:31 PM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
No night time flight? ...
Sal C is offline Find More Posts by Sal C
Old Jun 30, 2006, 04:37 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2004
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymc
I maidened my SuperAirliner this past weekend. First flight was off pavement, second flight was off our club grass runway. Both flights were great! It does take longer to get off of grass but I learned that it takes full up elevator to get the nose wheel light enough to get off the grass (remember to let off a little at lift-off )
I installed a Curtek Systems, Navigational Lighting System earlier this week and tested it tonight. I hope to fly it again with the lighting system tomorrow or Saturday.
I took a 4 minute video of it running up and down the driveway tonight.
I'll get some video of it in the air this weekend.
Here's the link to the video:
E-Flite Super Airliner with Curtek Sytems Navigational Lighting System

Harry

So cool!

Did you actually tried flying it at night?
shschon is offline Find More Posts by shschon
Old Jun 30, 2006, 04:42 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,992 Posts
Got my 4S pack from Randy at Dynamo! Will be doing more flying this weekend. Keep you all posted.
Bob
Old Jun 30, 2006, 05:26 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,993 Posts
Night

Well lucky for me I don't have the lights. There is a night flight event at TRCC in Tucson tomorrow, and I would be way too tempted to try it.

Harry I emailed Mathew and checekd out the Web Site. Nice sets of Lights. I will be adding some to my plane. Sent you a PM also.

Turbulence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal C
No night time flight? ...
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA