L2k Pm
3drc tim is offline Find More Posts by 3drc tim
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2007, 09:59 AM
Curitiba - Brazil
Joined Mar 2002
340 Posts
LK2TINKR,
What setup were you using? Are you using uBEC?
Proença is online now Find More Posts by Proença
Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:50 AM
Scale Pilot 727
Joined Feb 2007
92 Posts
i want one so badly !!!!!!!!!
ScalePilot727 is offline Find More Posts by ScalePilot727
Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:16 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff
Flew mine today with the 4S pack. Lots of power. Mike Donovan flew his B 777 with the stock setup also today. Took off together on the 2nd flight. I had to keep it about 1/2 to 2/3 throttle so Mike could keep up. Stock setup works great! This really a keeper.
Bob

Hey Bob, Whats you AUW??? I picked one up today! I'm thinking I will stick two of the old Mako motors in it with two 2100's... Need to know AUW with BATTS... Never mind I found what I was looking for. looks like 52oz. I guess the Old Mako motors will not work, I want over 1:1
Thanks,
Chris
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Last edited by airmcn_3; Mar 28, 2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 07:26 PM
Long Island, New York
Joined Apr 2006
374 Posts
Hi guys,

I agree with everything being said. As mentioned previously, I had planned on adding a BEC and also cutting cooling holes for the ESC's but decided to postpone 'till later because I had flown the same set up with my friend's plane twice without any problems. Lesson learned; don't postpone what you know must be done to the next flight or it may be your last flight...

As far as the load on the BEC's, according to HH, the 2 BEC's can share the load and supply enough current to power 4 micro servo's each without failure. They do mention that they should be mounted to provide cooling air if the BEC is being used under such loads.

I'll be disconnecting the BEC's and using a separate uBEC for the next go-around...

LK2TINKR
LK2TINKR is offline Find More Posts by LK2TINKR
Old Apr 02, 2007, 03:20 AM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
Help repair my front gear

I have bent my front gear on my on my 52th flight during a hard landing causing by a very windy day.....So i lost completelly the front gear control and for contuinig flying i had some one to hand llauch my airliner i put some rubber on the frontgear to maintain the front wheel goig straight works o.k on landing ....not working for take off.....Makes the plane not going straight.
I trayed to fix the front gear but there is something that do not make me able to stop the wheel to fix in one position it is always loose......
Please help me to solve this ......
Regards
FedericoA is online now Find More Posts by FedericoA
Old Apr 02, 2007, 04:23 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedericoA

I trayed to fix the front gear but there is something that do not make me able to stop the wheel to fix in one position it is always loose......
Please help me to solve this ......
Regards
Easyest way to do it: Order a new one:
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL7005

Ben_E
Ben_E is offline Find More Posts by Ben_E
Old Apr 02, 2007, 04:51 AM
Flying!!! Got to love it
USA, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Jun 2006
589 Posts
I put a lite metal bracket around the front gear and screwed it to the wood part that you mount the servo on. No more bending of the gear on take off's or landings from a grass runway. Sure worked for me.
raido56 is offline Find More Posts by raido56
Old Apr 02, 2007, 05:38 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raido56
I put a lite metal bracket around the front gear and screwed it to the wood part that you mount the servo on. No more bending of the gear on take off's or landings from a grass runway. Sure worked for me.
Sounds like a good mod, do you have a picture?

Ben_E
Old Apr 02, 2007, 05:24 PM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
Any one knows if E-FLITE will do a new airliner ...Like a 737 or a320 or md80 or a old caravelle ?
FedericoA is online now Find More Posts by FedericoA
Old Apr 03, 2007, 03:48 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedericoA
Any one knows if E-FLITE will do a new airliner ...Like a 737 or a320 or md80 or a old caravelle ?

the airliner is in E-fite paint but not their product.... The Airliner is produced by Mth http://www.mth.com.tw/ in Taiwan for E-flite and Jamara in Germany.

But due to the popularity of the kit, I bet it has sold well, and good results often ends up n new good products so wee can hope but not for a caravelle the naccelles are way too small...

Ben_E
Old Apr 03, 2007, 09:51 AM
Peachtree City, GA
Joined Mar 2002
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_E
the airliner is in E-fite paint but not their product.... The Airliner is produced by Mth http://www.mth.com.tw/ in Taiwan for E-flite and Jamara in Germany.

But due to the popularity of the kit, I bet it has sold well, and good results often ends up n new good products so wee can hope but not for a caravelle the naccelles are way too small...

Ben_E

Looks like a knock off of the current Delta Air Lines 777 paint job.

Dave

Signup for Hot travel deals and steals @
http://www.YourOnlineTravelCenter.com
acemace16 is offline Find More Posts by acemace16
Old Apr 03, 2007, 09:55 AM
Canada, BC, Chilliwack
Joined May 2006
34 Posts
It is actually made by super flying models ,SFM

Look in the fuse and you will see a casting mark in the foam that says.................B777.

Mike
jetace11 is offline Find More Posts by jetace11
Old Apr 04, 2007, 02:51 AM
Flying!!! Got to love it
USA, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Jun 2006
589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetace11
It is actually made by super flying models ,SFM

Look in the fuse and you will see a casting mark in the foam that says.................B777.

Mike
Yep and if you look at the center of the wing you will see SFM logo mark in the foam.
Old Apr 04, 2007, 02:52 AM
Flying!!! Got to love it
USA, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Jun 2006
589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_E
Sounds like a good mod, do you have a picture?

Ben_E
Will get a pic on in a few days