Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 19, 2006, 07:21 PM
Wind Tunnel freak
Joined Jun 2006
3 Posts
Discussion
My modified lama 2 with lights

Hi guys, first of all ive been a lurker for sometime, and decided to register becuase i was finished with my heli. I did all the research i needed and everything was very informative on these forum. Great people and im sure to learn allot from you guys. I am an aircraft mechanic , and i currently work at NASA AMES research Center in Cali, i work on prototype rotocraft , and work on it in the windtunnel. I purchased my lama almost 2 months ago and i have done allot ever since.
Upgraded landing skid, micro antenna, updated paint scheme and also added anti collision lights. The heli is great and im loving everybit of it. Anyway i have pics to share and videos of the lights in action.

please feel free to ask me questions.
thank you.

vids of lights
http://www.4shared.com/file/2099418/.../cimg2161.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/2099424/.../cimg2163.html

The wiring was a alittle bit hard since i have to find the space to mount the light controller becuase they have individual strobing, so i mounted it in the tail section where it mates behind the motor. I recently relocated to the micro antenna to the skid , to minimize inteference, oh and the navi light controller will cause interference to the servos, so thats why i had to mount it in the back. There is a Y connector to power the lights , i connected one side of the Y connector to the servo plug on the ESC, and then connected the servo to the Y plug. The lights are from a company called light flight, and the Y connector is made from a comany called Hyperion.

ill take a pic of the extra wires tucked in the canopy and in the tail section. also it doesnt affect the CG of the heli and flies very well, with no drop in battery consumption.
airmech1979 is offline Find More Posts by airmech1979
Last edited by airmech1979; Jun 19, 2006 at 07:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:24 AM
Joined Sep 2005
914 Posts
Look nice, good work.
4RCHELICOPTERSPA is offline Find More Posts by 4RCHELICOPTERSPA