HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:58 PM
Avro Vulcan Enthusiast
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
I would be too. She's gonna fly beautifully.

Rich
Vulcans do that by default

Actually I'm not convinced the washout on the starboard wing is quite right, so expect some issues with this one. My next one will be better (tm) hahaha
bloodline is offline Find More Posts by bloodline
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:41 PM
Registered User
LuvEvolution7's Avatar
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
It's a delta. She will be just fine. It won't even need washout, but some is always better than none. I didn't design any washout into the Chimera delta and she flies beautifully. Deltas just don't tip stall like a conventional plane. You worry too much. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:23 AM
Avro Vulcan Enthusiast
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2011
59 Posts
Painted black!
bloodline is offline Find More Posts by bloodline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:27 AM
Avro Vulcan Enthusiast
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2011
59 Posts
Another photo
bloodline is offline Find More Posts by bloodline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:47 PM
Registered User
LuvEvolution7's Avatar
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
absolutely beautiful. love it in Black. Black Bunny Vulcan. hmmmmmmmmmmm.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:50 AM
Watts Matter?
Electriflier's Avatar
UK, South Yorkshire
Joined Feb 2011
476 Posts
Nice work bloodline
Electriflier is offline Find More Posts by Electriflier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:20 AM
Registered User
Doug Bateman's Avatar
Swarthmore, PA 19081
Joined Dec 2004
2,839 Posts
Love the Vulcan, ever since little kid at an airshow in PA. Willow Grove...
Doug Bateman is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bateman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:02 AM
Registered User
LuvEvolution7's Avatar
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
yeah, nuthin quite like the Vulcan. distinctive shape and sound. kinda like the F-104, SR-71 and the list goes on and on.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:17 AM
Avro Vulcan Enthusiast
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2011
59 Posts
I love delta wing aircraft, but there are so few large deltas left... The Vulcan while being the largest Delta left flying (I think the B2 Spirit as a longer wingspan, but a smaller area), also has a weirdly "natural" shape... At a glance it has a bat/avian/raptor like look to it...
bloodline is offline Find More Posts by bloodline
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:34 AM
Avro Vulcan Enthusiast
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2011
59 Posts
I never really made it very clear in this thread, but this model is an experiment, to allow me to asses the plans and flight characteristics of a scale Vulcan and EDF... My next one (will be Depron) I plan to make as a UAV, with full authority autopilot (air speed, accelerometer, gyro, compass and GPS, probably using the MBED as my uC... Probably with a 2.45Ghz video downlink)

I will of course start a new thread for that
bloodline is offline Find More Posts by bloodline
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:49 AM
Registered User
PeterF's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Nov 2004
337 Posts
Bloodline,

This is the first time I have dipped into this thread and I am very taken with your Vulcan and the work you are doing / have done to modify it to a modern EDF power system.

I am currently building a B2 stealth powered by 4 x 55mm EDF so I understand some of the thoughts going through your head around the build / power / weight etc.

Having seen this now makes me want to do a Vulcan, if the B2 goes in then I know what the equipment out of it will go into. Or maybe a Vulcan will be my next build incorporating the learning from doing the B2.

Wishing you all the best for the maiden.
PeterF is offline Find More Posts by PeterF
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:27 PM
Avro Vulcan Enthusiast
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterF View Post
Bloodline,

This is the first time I have dipped into this thread and I am very taken with your Vulcan and the work you are doing / have done to modify it to a modern EDF power system.

I am currently building a B2 stealth powered by 4 x 55mm EDF so I understand some of the thoughts going through your head around the build / power / weight etc.

Having seen this now makes me want to do a Vulcan, if the B2 goes in then I know what the equipment out of it will go into. Or maybe a Vulcan will be my next build incorporating the learning from doing the B2.

Wishing you all the best for the maiden.
Do you have a build log of your B2 Spirit!?

And your next build definitely has to be a Vulcan
bloodline is offline Find More Posts by bloodline
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:09 PM
Watts Matter?
Electriflier's Avatar
UK, South Yorkshire
Joined Feb 2011
476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodline View Post
I never really made it very clear in this thread, but this model is an experiment, to allow me to asses the plans and flight characteristics of a scale Vulcan and EDF... My next one (will be Depron) I plan to make as a UAV, with full authority autopilot (air speed, accelerometer, gyro, compass and GPS, probably using the MBED as my uC... Probably with a 2.45Ghz video downlink)

I will of course start a new thread for that
Looking forward to this one!
Electriflier is offline Find More Posts by Electriflier
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:34 PM
Registered User
PeterF's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Nov 2004
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodline View Post
Do you have a build log of your B2 Spirit!?

And your next build definitely has to be a Vulcan
PeterF's B2 build log

Vasan 55mm fan

The Vasafan link towards the end of the thread shows some of the tests I have done with Vaclav's 55mm beastie, more than 800g of thrust, probably the best 55mm set up (best meaning highest thrust / best efficiency) if you put the right motor in, but at a cost, 4 motors, 4 EDFs around 400 euro.
PeterF is offline Find More Posts by PeterF
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:24 PM
Registered User
LuvEvolution7's Avatar
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
just checked out the B2. very, very nice.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Four jet Vulcan at Lords Hill pontious Electric Plane Talk 7 Jul 16, 2006 04:55 AM
Video Four Microfan Vulcan Maiden pontious Electric Plane Talk 1 Jun 19, 2006 05:18 PM