HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:31 PM
Eagle River, AK
Joined Dec 2003
66 Posts
Discussion
Super Bandit EDF ready to fly!

Here are a couple pics of my Super Bandit EDF ready to fly. Depron parts from 6mm FlyRC, Hyperion y22s-5000, 3 cell TP 1320, CC Phx 25, WeMoTec Micro Fan, and Krylon H2O paint. All up weight 13.3oz, 80w at half power and 170W at max power (9.3V at 18.3A). Mod's include carbon rod leading edges and magnetic rear canopy hold down.
Can't hardly wait to see it rip up the sky. -Todd Woodhouse
Todd Woodhouse is offline Find More Posts by Todd Woodhouse
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:40 PM
Michigan, USA
Joined Aug 2004
116 Posts
Looks cool!!!. Is this your design or a kit? Don't forget to give us a flight report.

Steve
jazz8388 is online now Find More Posts by jazz8388
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:51 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
This is steve shumante design there is a build thread right here in the foamies. Scroll through the first couple pages I think its called jetset superbandit. Steve designs many fine aircraft and puts his designs here for all to share this little plane rocks its pretty fast. I have to repair mine something went wrong today when I was flying it I had to add in a bit of left trim and as I went down to the end of the field to setup for landing as I went into the turn it just snaprolled and I could not get it out shut the throttle down and planted it in the ground you would be surprized how little damage was done it stuck the nose 3inches into fairly hard dirt. glad I glassed the whole thing I figured when I got to it it would be demolished but it just crumpled the nose. Hey where you at in Mi. it says your only 28 miles from me. Dave
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:13 AM
Eagle River, AK
Joined Dec 2003
66 Posts
Maiden flight of the Super Bandit above went well - stable and very fast with quick axial rolls. I think I'll keep it relatively high and fast for a while until I get a better feel for whether it might be prone to snap rolls. It's slightly nose heavy where I currently have the cg but it climbs slightly with power increases so I'm not going to change the cg yet. Great design. -Todd
Todd Woodhouse is offline Find More Posts by Todd Woodhouse