HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2002, 01:06 AM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,296 Posts
SOurce for TM wing Struts

Hello fellow TM flyers,
I just purchased a TM and am eager to get flying. I noticed that the wing struts appear to be made of styrene. I work for a plastics company and we throw this stuff away by the truckload everyday. If you have a need for some, email me and I can send some out for free. We have multiple gauges as well as thin vinyl and polyster (clear and opaque, great for windshields and such). We also sell a material called teslin (a mineral filled polypropylene). It's marketed as a synthetic paper but its technically a plastic. It's waterproof and very durable but the problem is that its not very rigid, you probably couldn't make an airframe out of it. Also, I throw out corrugated (fluted) plastic as well, it sometimes goes under the trade name coroplast. I know some people make entire planes from this stuff. Anyway, I hate throwing all of this out, my father is something akin to a polish fred sanford and even he says he doesnt want any more. If someone wants any of this, just let me know, thanks
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
to remove ads between posts