HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:04 PM
ChuckB
United States, CA, Santee
Joined May 2004
139 Posts
Discussion
TB18 at low throttle

I have a TB18 esc hooked up with my Esskay 400xt and a 3s1p 2100mah battery pack, and a Berg Rx. When I first turn on everything the throttle (at low setting) is ok. Then every once in a while the motor will start to turn on at low throttle. I must then turn my trim from a zero setting to about -25% setting before the motor will turn off. I have 3 TB18 and have never had a problem like this before. Once my setting stops the motor I can fly and have full control of the plane. The Xmtr I'm using is the Hitec Optic 6. I have 4 other models setup in the Optic 6 and do not experience this problem with any of them. Any suggestions as to what could be the problem?
ChuckB
ChuckB is offline Find More Posts by ChuckB
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2006, 02:54 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,940 Posts
There is a feature in all CC ESC software that allows the endpoints to be reset until you lock them both down by going to full throttle for a short time. A glitch or other issue can reset the lower endpoint even lower if you haven't locked both ends down.....

Do you see this even after you've flown some or otherwise set the endpoints?
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Jun 13, 2006, 05:41 PM
ChuckB
United States, CA, Santee
Joined May 2004
139 Posts
Thanks for the quick answer. No it only happens and not all the time when I first turn on with the throttle in the off position. Once in the air and back down or up again it seems to work ok. One thing is that I cannot set my throttle trim to zero again. I must keep it in the -20 or more position. Come back to fly again with the throttle trim at zero and it seems ok and then all of a sudden with it just sitting there the throttle will go on just a little.
ChuckB
ChuckB is offline Find More Posts by ChuckB