HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2006, 10:43 AM
Bauwingmiester
Florida Gville
Joined Jul 2005
522 Posts
Cool
First flight at Flying Gators Field

I was a guest of Jeff Gilbert Sr. on this day at the Flying Gators Field outside Gainesville Florida near the town of Archer. Ronald a member was testing his new plane he had been building for months. It shows the detail all over this plane is beautiful. Control horns fasteners don't even show on the surface, done with blind nuts. Its not finished this was just its first test flight. I am into flying wings and all electric, not into gas planes yet, but this is an example that would make anyone proud. That cowling is all wood, framed and sheeted then covers with this nice pearl white covering. I could not find a flaw on it. The insides will be detailed and some strips and other colors still need to be added. After doing all the testing and taxing around to get a feel for it. The plane took off in less than 20 feet of runway. Yes we were testing just before that tropical storm hit the coast line.

I don't have all the details about the plane yet but I will post it later. I found that Ronald does not do computer just builds beautiful planes. This inspired me to take some still at least and post them on this group for him for all of his hard work. The humble Ronald deserved to have some one show off his plane for him. The next time I get a chance I will get photos of it finished with more close ups added to this thread later on.

DSS
catahuladave is offline Find More Posts by catahuladave
to remove ads between posts