15A Brushless Electric ESC_Tower15A 3 12.95
Motor Speed Controller
ESC
(Shipped)
2410-09 Outrunner Brushless_BM2410-09 1 9.95
Brushless Motor 1750RPM

1.There was no packing list
2.There was no packing material. The items were loose in the box and two
of the ESCs appear to have been damaged!
3.The BM2410-09 was not shipped
4.Both BM2408-21 motors did not include firewall mounts.
5.There is no product description or instructions included with the items.

Email sent - the following was received:

"BM2410-09 will be on back order for about 2 weeks. As for the BM2408-21, it is a stick mount and not a firewall mount. It was a listing error on our site. If you would like to return them or any of the other items, email us for an rma number."

Beware. This stuff is going back. Won't be buying from them again...
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2006, 01:23 PM
I hole jumped him!!!
Amarillo Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Dec 2001
931 Posts
I also got an imcomplete order from them. No packing list, no instructions. Items loose in the box, although two of them were wrapped in a small amount of bubble wrap. They shorted me a motor, and the shipping was outrageous (about $9 for a very small boxed shiped via UPS). If I don't get a satisfactory resolution to my email to them then I'll follow up again.

Lance
Lance is offline Find More Posts by Lance
Old Jun 10, 2006, 08:44 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,615 Posts
Yah. Just silly how their invoice said "firewall mount" and "shipped". Neither was true.
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Jul 30, 2007, 12:05 PM
United States, OH, Findlay
Joined Nov 2006
130 Posts
I also had a similar experience with Nitroplanes. I did not have any missing items, but my motor and servo were just loose inside a box and no packing list. Their cheapest shipping option was UPS at almost $8. The package arrived, shipped via USPS First Class Mail, and only cost them $2.50.

I've been e-mailing them, with a few responses, but my latest response ended by them saying someone will contact me within 1-2 business days. In the mean time, I could call customer support at blah-blah-blahh. Two weeks later, no call, no response. It may be only $5 that I was ripped off, but that's $5 too much, if you ask me. If they don't offer something in return, I will be calling my credit card company.
Maniac20 is offline Find More Posts by Maniac20
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:04 PM
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
I can echo that experience with the shipping. I had to order some heli parts, got skinned on shipping, parts adrift in a box. Though happily all of mine were there. I won't be ordering from them again unless they are the only source with stock.

Steve
swatson144 is offline Find More Posts by swatson144
Old Jul 31, 2007, 09:56 PM
Joined Nov 2006
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac20
I also had a similar experience with Nitroplanes. I did not have any missing items, but my motor and servo were just loose inside a box and no packing list. Their cheapest shipping option was UPS at almost $8. The package arrived, shipped via USPS First Class Mail, and only cost them $2.50.

I've been e-mailing them, with a few responses, but my latest response ended by them saying someone will contact me within 1-2 business days. In the mean time, I could call customer support at blah-blah-blahh. Two weeks later, no call, no response. It may be only $5 that I was ripped off, but that's $5 too much, if you ask me. If they don't offer something in return, I will be calling my credit card company.
Surprisingly, I just received an e-mail stating that a $5 credit will be issued to my credit card. All I had to do was threaten to bring my credit card company into it. Let's just see if it actually shows up.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:17 PM
Parkflyer Maniac
Atlanta
Joined May 2004
827 Posts
I placed an order last saturday. Right then I noticed I could get it cheaper elsewhere. I sent an e-mail to their customer service and sales account. On Monday I get a shipped confirmation never a reply to my e-mails. I get my stuff loose in a box and with no receipt or invoice for what I purchased. Makes me nervous cause I don't feel very trustworthy and also upset at the horrible service. Hope they invoiced correctly at least.
scadavid2000 is offline Find More Posts by scadavid2000
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:19 AM
Joined Nov 2006
130 Posts
I just thought I'd let everyone who ordered from Nitroplanes that I did receive a $5 credit after complaining about shipping charges. Might be worth a try for you if you paid for $8 UPS and received the package via USPS only costing $2.50.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 11:09 AM
metro Detroit, MI
Joined Jan 2007
193 Posts
Just ordered from them once. I ordered a Hydro flyer kit and it was delivered 7 days after I placed the order. I consider that good service and was very satisfied.
--arniep
arniep is offline Find More Posts by arniep
Old Mar 09, 2008, 11:14 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2001
737 Posts
They are still up to their old tricks! I got stiffed for a couple of servos around Christmas. They've been leading me on for 3 months on this!
I'll give the credit company threat a try.

Lesson: If you don't want to loose your money, don't buy from Nitroplanes!

Gary
cayuse is offline Find More Posts by cayuse
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2007
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac20
I just thought I'd let everyone who ordered from Nitroplanes that I did receive a $5 credit after complaining about shipping charges. Might be worth a try for you if you paid for $8 UPS and received the package via USPS only costing $2.50.
I'm a little surprised they did that.I sell on ebay sometimes and figure in a little extra for shipping to cover my time,materials and expenses to pack and ship the items.It's usually about $5
Up until just a couple days ago I was never even questioned on that practice.Some guy felt the need to email me me 3 times in 3 days asking about what he felt was excess shipping and once I took the time to explain that most of the time, due to me packing everything in swaths of bubble wrap and a box bigger than the item that the postage calculators he must be using do not apply he has stopped emailing me.
I notice this person has never bid on any of my items

just had to throw my $.02 in.

good air
ghost
ghostofpf1 is offline Find More Posts by ghostofpf1
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:26 PM
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
This was a fairly dead ~2yr old thread.

Ebay is a little different than a ecommerce site. With ebay the cost is right out front and anyone can see that if you charge 10$ shipping and it's worth a total of 20$, 10$ is the high bid. Ecommerce you run the shopping episode and get to the end where you have to decide if you want to pay that shipping or not.

Ecommerce is a business and shipping is a part of it. Gouging on shipping is like charging admission of 2.50$ at the LHS to help pay for AC. Actually I think a that's a lot better than gouging on shipping.

Steve
swatson144 is offline Find More Posts by swatson144
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:40 AM
Joined Nov 2006
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofpf1
I'm a little surprised they did that.I sell on ebay sometimes and figure in a little extra for shipping to cover my time,materials and expenses to pack and ship the items.It's usually about $5
Up until just a couple days ago I was never even questioned on that practice.Some guy felt the need to email me me 3 times in 3 days asking about what he felt was excess shipping and once I took the time to explain that most of the time, due to me packing everything in swaths of bubble wrap and a box bigger than the item that the postage calculators he must be using do not apply he has stopped emailing me.
I notice this person has never bid on any of my items

just had to throw my $.02 in.

good air
ghost
It wasn't so much the cost of shipping that bothered me. It was the fact that I purchased UPS shipping and it showed up via First Class Mail which costs substantially less. I sell a lot of stuff on e-bay and forums as well. I know what it takes to ship stuff and acquire the supplies needed for shipping. It's my opinion that if you need to cover what it costs for supplies, you either add that to the price of the items, or you add a handling charge (clearly stated).