HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2006, 08:50 PM
Annapolis, MD
Joined Aug 2004
130 Posts
Discussion
Common Sense RC Batteries are smokin!

OK, now that I've got your attention, let me say that I couldn't be happier with my recent purchase from Common Sense RC. Mike ships super fast with fantastic prices and his batteries perform as he says - maybe too good in fact!

Huh? What? Well let me explain... I had been flying my Slow Stick with a Tower Pro 2410 -09Y, a Castle Creations TB 18, a cheap, over-rated "20C" 3 cell 1250 mAh LiPo, and a GWS 11x4.7 SF prop - performance was real nice with enough power to hover (and pull out) with decent flight times to boot. I was happy, well until Mike chimed in here with another great sale that was too good to pass up. I snagged two of his "budget" 8C 1650 3 cell Lipos for use with my Slow Stick and promptly fried TWO of my '09s within a couple of flights. It turns out that the Common Sense RC "budget" batteries hold their voltage way better than my "20C" battery and I had been unaware that I was flying overpropped (especially with a stalled prop as in a hover.

I am in no way blaming Mike, and a matter of fact, I'm boasting that I'm very satisfied with his product. I knew the '09's were a "disposable" motor and it's days were numbered, but I'm just a little bummed that it happened so soon.

Thanks for a great product Mike!

-Joe
ProBroJoe is offline Find More Posts by ProBroJoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2006, 09:02 PM
Joined Apr 2006
634 Posts
If they hold their voltage overpropped imagien what they will do when you set it just right. im only bummed since they don't sell any high capacity 2S stuff.
charge1(ds) is offline Find More Posts by charge1(ds)
Old Aug 13, 2006, 06:46 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
576 Posts
We will be offering a 2S 3850mAh in about 2 weeks for use as a receiver battery for fuel planes as well as motor power for electric planes.

Mike
www.CommonSenseRC.com
mikekomm is offline Find More Posts by mikekomm