SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 21, 2002, 09:44 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,839 Posts
Kwik-E down on the 2nd flight

Well, I did it again. I found yet another way to crash a plane due to stupidity. The first flight went well. This thing takes a loooooong distance to land. Anyway, flew my E3D, then put another pack in the Kwik-E and gave it a toss. All was well for the first 50 ft or so, then I put in a little up elevator, and the plane nosed down. Hummmm, more up, plane more down, full up, impact asphalt

Yes, it didn't take too long to figure out that my Eclipse TX was still set to the E3D. As it turns out, the elevator is "normal" on the E3D, and "reversed" on the Kwik-E.

The good news is that it's rebuildable, especially since I have another kit to use to make parts. Good thing I tend to buy Gary's kits in pairs The Endo's toast, but I have another one.

Let's see, that's one plane to not pulling up the antenna, one to having the elevator extension wire come loose, and now one to not selecting the correct model. At least I haven't repeated any of my mistakes (yet).

Cheers,
Rusty (too dumb for a computer radio)
13brv3 is offline Find More Posts by 13brv3
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2002, 10:11 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
Re: Kwik-E down on the 2nd flight

Quote:
Originally posted by 13brv3

Yes, it didn't take too long to figure out that my Eclipse TX was still set to the E3D. As it turns out, the elevator is "normal" on the E3D, and "reversed" on the Kwik-E.

Cheers,
Rusty (too dumb for a computer radio) [/B]
Been there done that myself except my plane, Wattage Impress, was only 6 or 8 feet before it went in. I have an Eclipse also.

BTW, when you built your Kwik-E did you wing build straight. Check this picture on my thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=2

Kelvin
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin
Old Jul 21, 2002, 10:19 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,839 Posts
I saw your post, and don't know what went wrong. My wing built straight, and I didn't even pin it down to anything. My E3D wing is also straight, and that's the one that more people have trouble with. Just don't ask me about my bananna shaped fuselage on the E3D

Rusty
13brv3 is offline Find More Posts by 13brv3
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 21, 2002, 10:45 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,188 Posts
It took me more than a few of those (Homer Simpson says 'Doh!') moments before I finally got in the habbit of the comprehensive pre-flight check on EVERY flight. Even when you're just swapping battery packs. Caught myself three times this year from doing a plane-destroying bonehead move.

It's still easy to forget though.

Al
Allan Wright is offline Find More Posts by Allan Wright
Old Jul 22, 2002, 12:53 AM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Allan Wright
It took me more than a few of those (Homer Simpson says 'Doh!') moments before I finally got in the habbit of the comprehensive pre-flight check on EVERY flight. Even when you're just swapping battery packs. Caught myself three times this year from doing a plane-destroying bonehead move.

It's still easy to forget though.

Al
Same.

Only on Sunday had flown Skycat 3 times checking each time. Nevertheless when I looked after the 3rd landing two clevis nuts had come off and one aileron was on the point of going.

I've seen glo guys come in after 5 minutes just to check their setups.
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch