HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2006, 04:30 PM
Joined Jul 2004
658 Posts
Discussion
Why Shouldn't I buy the Winner Full Function Electric RC Helicopter 3 CH With Double

This looks like a good deal.
http://www.hobbytron.com/Winner-Full...elicopter.html
Or the Blade runner is better.
I know the radioshack Mini Blade Runner only has 2 channels.
CaptEvo is offline Find More Posts by CaptEvo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2006, 04:34 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Long Island NY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
2,817 Posts
why not just buy a BCX, Lama II, Lama V3, or XRB skyrobo? that is unlass you already have one
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom
Old Jun 06, 2006, 04:43 PM
Joined Jul 2004
658 Posts
i already have bladecp, and trex.
looking for something to fly in living room.

This also looks like the bladerunner 2, or is it a clone?
CaptEvo is offline Find More Posts by CaptEvo
Old Jun 06, 2006, 05:22 PM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
It's a clone. It does okay, but the yaw control is kind of twitchy. Battery life isn't as good as the Airlark/Draganfly series, but it's less prone to "flushing."

I'll be honest though, once you learn how to fly a helicopter, these guys will just frustrate you. Extremely slow, no lateral control, and the motor-life is pretty brief. Unless you desire a disposale helicopter (they last about 2 months for me), then you should heed heligrom's advice and get something with control, durability, and replacement parts.

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2006, 08:24 PM
Arizona USA
Joined Apr 2006
24 Posts
I got this one and it is perfect for the Living Room. Flys great but constant Yaw control input is needed. No big deal. If you didnt have that....there would almost be nothing to do. Power Cross coupling of the inner and outer main shafts causes this. No Bearings here. Forward flight is slow but so easy to control. Even if you had to many adult beverages. Very crash resistant. Mind the motor heat and give it rest after a few minutes and then go again for a few.
Charges in 20 min on the included wall charger.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-Remote-Contro...QQcmdZViewItem

offers a cool breeze on these hot AZ afternoons
toader32 is offline Find More Posts by toader32
Old Jun 07, 2006, 11:32 AM
Vampyre Inc
Rochester, New York
Joined Nov 2004
2,562 Posts
Why not fly the BCX in the living room, that is what it is made for.
HoverDown3K is offline Find More Posts by HoverDown3K
Old Jun 07, 2006, 01:58 PM
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
The main draw is that the Winner is CHEAP. Really cheap. It's a neat novelty and makes for a good gift to someone who hasn't tried it. However, the motors burn out quickly, and the blades, though somewhat durable, are nearly impossible to fix or replace unless you purchase a full set (which costs not much less than a new chopper).

It's a novelty item. I enjoyed them for awhile, but got bored of it after a few months. During that time, I went through three of them. If you want something that will last a year or more, then grab yourself a Blade CX or Llama V3 (personal preference to the Blade CX).

- Jim
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 07, 2006, 04:48 PM
Joined Sep 2005
914 Posts
You can fly the Blade CX / Esky Lama 2 in the living room. The Balde CX should be small enough for living. The bladerunner is almost the same size as the esky lama 2. But the bladerunner is more difficult to control. So do not need to waste the hard earn money on that
4RCHELICOPTERSPA is offline Find More Posts by 4RCHELICOPTERSPA
Old Jun 07, 2006, 05:07 PM
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
I'll give the Winner credit for one thing: because it is so light and wimpy, you're wife will be a bit less ticked off at you if you crash into her. However, the Lama and Blade CX have such better control that it is far less probable of hitting her.

(Lama: 0 hits. Winner: 3)

The problem is that if she holds up her magazine as a precaution, it acts just like a wall and the Winner gets sucked into it. I try to explain this, but she just grimaces and tosses the heli to the floor.

- Jim
RCG Plus Member