Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 31, 2006, 07:01 AM
London, UK
Joined Aug 2005
1,295 Posts
Thanks John, I must have totally missed that site...
Do you know if Midway Models are still selling the Paragon?
How was the quality of the instructions/wood etc?
arukum17 is offline Find More Posts by arukum17
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2006, 08:02 AM
Thunder Bay, Canada
Joined Aug 2004
451 Posts
I have a NIB Paragon from Midway, looks like a quality kit with good instructions and plans, you shouldn't have any problems with it as you already have the Gentle Lady built. Jerry is great to deal with too. Good luck and post a build report on it, its a real classy flyer by all reports.
Tom
tw126a is offline Find More Posts by tw126a
Old Jul 31, 2006, 08:23 AM
London, UK
Joined Aug 2005
1,295 Posts
OK will definitely get that puppy if the company is still selling them !

...we can tell the wife later...when she is in a good mood...after a bout of clothes shopping perhaps...slip it in between Calvin Klein and Betty Barclays
Old Jul 31, 2006, 08:33 AM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,606 Posts
If you want detailed picture instructions, I would not purchase a Pierce Aero Paragon on ebay. IIRC, it just had "word instructions". That said, I had no problem following them.

Also, if you are trying to convince yourself not to buy the Paragon, then don't read this thread....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549734

Paragons forever baby!

Ryan
rdwoebke is offline Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:08 AM
Think Thermals!!!!
Costa Mesa, California
Joined Mar 2004
2,964 Posts
Get a copy of the RCM artical. Don't know if Midway or Slobod has one. RCM has mostly closed up it's doors although many are still getting plans.
SoCalGliderFlyr is offline Find More Posts by SoCalGliderFlyr
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:39 AM
Fort Wayne, IN
Joined May 2002
1,694 Posts
As tw126a already stated the kit is good quality. The instructions are good also but without pictures as Ryan said. You may also enjoy reading this. It has some info that is interesting to read but I did not use.

PIERCE AERO "PARAGON" MODS FOR INCREASED PERFORMANCE
http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articl...gonairfoil.htm

I am building it basically stock. I did add CF caps to the center section spar and wrapped it with Kevlar for launch strength. I added the spoilers with one servo in the wing (moved then way back to 2 in from the TE) and replaced the wing tip joiners with round FG rod. I also redid the v-stab and rudder to eliminate the overhanging rudder. It will not be NOS legal but Nats dropped NOS anyway. I fly for fun and so it will meet my needs.

John
jrgospod is offline Find More Posts by jrgospod
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:57 AM
London, UK
Joined Aug 2005
1,295 Posts
Midway Models
Have emailed both Bob Sliff and Jerry Bridgeman at Midway Models...so far no response...Is there a number I can call for Midway Models...are they still operational (the web site has not been updated for a year)

MZ-Modellbau, Frankfurt
Paragon in stock...awaiting feedback from other customers before I order

Ebay
*nothing*

RCGroups Wanted Forum
*nothing...yet*
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:18 AM
Think Thermals!!!!
Costa Mesa, California
Joined Mar 2004
2,964 Posts
There may not be any Paragons in stock at Midway. Jerry did too good a job of selling them on eBay as well as Slobod filling orders that came his way. Not that difficult of a plane to build from the plans.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:51 PM
Fort Wayne, IN
Joined May 2002
1,694 Posts
[QUOTE=arukum17]Midway Models
Have emailed both Bob Sliff and Jerry Bridgeman at Midway Models...so far no response...QUOTE]

I think it took a day or so to get a response when I ordered also. He must have a life outside of soaring.

John
jrgospod is offline Find More Posts by jrgospod
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:48 PM
Joined Jun 2006
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGliderFlyr
Get a copy of the RCM artical. Don't know if Midway or Slobod has one. RCM has mostly closed up it's doors although many are still getting plans.
I really wish that RCM provided copies of the complete construction article with photos; they simply furnish a text version, which is half of the goods.

That said, I hope that this collection of plans doesn't end up in oblivion; it's too important to lose.
cfwahl is offline Find More Posts by cfwahl
Old Aug 01, 2006, 09:55 AM
Think Thermals!!!!
Costa Mesa, California
Joined Mar 2004
2,964 Posts
I'll have to ask Ed Slobod about the original construction artical the next time I speak to him. Might have been a review or two done since then that has extensive images.
Old Aug 01, 2006, 10:01 AM
London, UK
Joined Aug 2005
1,295 Posts
You can tell him his fan club extends to the UK and India
Old Aug 01, 2006, 10:27 AM
Think Thermals!!!!
Costa Mesa, California
Joined Mar 2004
2,964 Posts
Ed was there at the budding inception of RC soaring and has clearly left his mark. Through the 1970's the Paragon was a hard plane to beat in local contests.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:27 PM
Punta Gorda, FL
Joined Apr 2002
4,952 Posts
I ordered RCM plans on July31. I recieved the plans today Aug. 16, 2006. So they are still in business.
Ollie is offline Find More Posts by Ollie
Old Feb 28, 2007, 01:41 PM
London, UK
Joined Aug 2005
1,295 Posts
I commenced my Paragon build around 2 weeks back. An original Pierce Aero kit purchased from a forum member...

Fun build, great quality wood, stunning machine cutting...

Am halfway through the centre panel section...work commitments mean I only have a few hours every couple of days in the evening...

Any and all build suggestions will be appreciated...I plan to build as close as possible to stock with no enhancements unless highly highly recommended...