Old Jun 05, 2006, 08:13 AM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
Discussion
emaxx noobie - my first truck - need help

Guys;

Well, I finally broke the wifey down and got a truck. I bought a emaxx and was wondering:

- What upgrades / changes woud anyone recommend to improve the reliability of the truck?
- What performance upgrades are worth doing, and which are just a waste of money?
- Where is the best place to buy upgrade & replacement parts?

I expect the truck to arrive tomorrow (according to UPS), so any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Terry
TerryE is offline Find More Posts by TerryE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2006, 10:50 PM
Joined Feb 2006
21 Posts
The Truck is very durable as it is it depends if your in to jumping and that. If You are get alum rear bulk heads and braces plus get the rear cvds at least. If you run in to things alot get front alum bulk heads too. other then that theses are very hard trucks to break other than a front controll arm if you smack something hard. but all depends on how bad of a driver are you
b283uggy is offline Find More Posts by b283uggy
Old Jun 17, 2006, 12:44 PM
Registered RC Abuser
United States, NY, Bernhards Bay
Joined May 2006
370 Posts
Hey Terry,

Good choice for your first MT.......

There are more aftermarket parts availabe for this thing than you would believe!

A few suggestions:

1. buy good nimh packs, at least 3000 mah, Tower Hobbies sells Orion 3000 mah packs, 2 for $33
--- also I highly recommend the Duratrax Twin Pulse charger, charge 2 packs at once, $75 from Tower also.

2. If you are going to do alot of climbing, I suggest gutting the rear differential and installing the optional spool (posi) $11, Tower.

3. For a comprehensive parts list, go to Towerhobbies.com, pull up the E maxx, then click on parts listing.

PS if you'd like to see my one-of-a-kind Emaxx 'monster buggy' click on my name, go to my homepage link- BIKEMOD, and go to the RC page...

Good luck and have fun tearing up the yard!

transient
transient is offline Find More Posts by transient