|Jun 05, 2006, 09:13 AM|
emaxx noobie - my first truck - need help
Well, I finally broke the wifey down and got a truck. I bought a emaxx and was wondering:
- What upgrades / changes woud anyone recommend to improve the reliability of the truck?
- What performance upgrades are worth doing, and which are just a waste of money?
- Where is the best place to buy upgrade & replacement parts?
I expect the truck to arrive tomorrow (according to UPS), so any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks a lot
|Jun 07, 2006, 11:50 PM|
Joined Feb 2006
The Truck is very durable as it is it depends if your in to jumping and that. If You are get alum rear bulk heads and braces plus get the rear cvds at least. If you run in to things alot get front alum bulk heads too. other then that theses are very hard trucks to break other than a front controll arm if you smack something hard. but all depends on how bad of a driver are you
|Jun 17, 2006, 01:44 PM|
Good choice for your first MT.......
There are more aftermarket parts availabe for this thing than you would believe!
A few suggestions:
1. buy good nimh packs, at least 3000 mah, Tower Hobbies sells Orion 3000 mah packs, 2 for $33
--- also I highly recommend the Duratrax Twin Pulse charger, charge 2 packs at once, $75 from Tower also.
2. If you are going to do alot of climbing, I suggest gutting the rear differential and installing the optional spool (posi) $11, Tower.
3. For a comprehensive parts list, go to Towerhobbies.com, pull up the E maxx, then click on parts listing.
PS if you'd like to see my one-of-a-kind Emaxx 'monster buggy' click on my name, go to my homepage link- BIKEMOD, and go to the RC page...
Good luck and have fun tearing up the yard!
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||painted my first body, need help with rider||columbo||Motorcycles||11||Dec 31, 2006 02:14 AM|
|My first Helicopter - I need help, no really!||Daddy-O||Micro Helis||42||Aug 15, 2005 06:34 AM|
|My First Lipo, Need Help, Whats with the two wires? Photo Attached for reference||ontheweekend||Batteries and Chargers||8||Sep 10, 2004 09:47 PM|
|Setting up my first Hummingbird - Need Help.||Mesmer||Micro Helis||3||Dec 12, 2003 10:31 AM|
|narrowed down choices for my first HLG! Need help selecting.||MichaelConnally||Hand Launch||19||Sep 08, 2002 04:40 PM|