Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 04, 2006, 09:25 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Build Log
T-rex UH-60 Blackhawk fuse

Heres a teaser pic of the 1:18 vac formed blackhawk fuse. I vac formed one side last night and to give me an idea as to what Im up against. First of all, 020 thickness is out. The 030 is much better and pretty rigid. I have to chop the main body in the pic so that the main fuselage is pulled at leat in three sections, 1) nose section 2) mainbody and 3) Tail section. This will allow the plastic to form more evenly and prevent thin areas due to the depth of the pull. I still have alot of prepwork to do on the master molds and alot of prep work to do on the other small parts. This is going to be a big model but I think you could get the T-rex mechanics to work. I myself will attempt to install the BT/Corona Mechanics. Details came out great. Im only about at 20% at the most on the converting process of making this thing into a good viable mold.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2006, 09:52 AM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk
Heres a teaser pic of the 1:18 vac formed blackhawk fuse. I vac formed one side last night and to give me an idea as to what Im up against. First of all, 020 thickness is out. The 030 is much better and pretty rigid. I have to chop the main body in the pic so that the main fuselage is pulled at leat in three sections, 1) nose section 2) mainbody and 3) Tail section. This will allow the plastic to form more evenly and prevent thin areas due to the depth of the pull. I still have alot of prepwork to do on the master molds and alot of prep work to do on the other small parts. This is going to be a big model but I think you could get the T-rex mechanics to work. I myself will attempt to install the BT/Corona Mechanics. Details came out great. Im only about at 20% at the most on the converting process of making this thing into a good viable mold.
Don't forget me Ed.
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Jun 04, 2006, 12:06 PM
Joined Apr 2004
43 Posts
Hi,so far it looks very good.When do you think it will done,and how much will it weight.Will you be selling them,if so I will be interested in one.
Fred
ffdq is offline Find More Posts by ffdq
Old Jun 04, 2006, 06:56 PM
Singapore
Joined Jan 2004
1,830 Posts
Hi darthdrk... How will the tail section be look like?

I sure would like to see someone created any hawk series (blackhawk/pavehawk/jayhawk/nighthawk/firehawk/seahawk) with "canted tail rotor. In other word, the tail rotor is tilted 20 degrees off vertical.

SH
Super_Hornet is offline Find More Posts by Super_Hornet
Old Jun 04, 2006, 09:15 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Im just doing the body work. On mine I dont think I will angle offset the tailrotor. I should have some more pics soon. I just formed a complete fuselage less some engine parts which I will prep for molding later.
Old Jun 04, 2006, 11:48 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Heres some more pics

Heres proto #1 Blackhawk Still more parts to mold
I guess Ill go ahead and install clear windows and oh yes, the weight.....135 grams as pictured.
Old Jun 05, 2006, 12:20 AM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Ed - This is awesome!! Can't wait to get mine and do one up in USCG colors.

Cheers - Boyd
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Jun 05, 2006, 12:26 AM
Albuquerque, NEW MEXICO
Joined Jun 2005
100 Posts
Well Darthdrk I got my TrexSE coming and cant wait to get it flying to put a body like this on. What are you going to do with the landing gear? You going to make it a compression gear or solid? WHAT IS THE COST GOING TO BE ON THIS ONE? JUST SPENT TO MUCH FOR THE SE (LOL)
BMWdriver is offline Find More Posts by BMWdriver
Old Jun 05, 2006, 12:32 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,102 Posts
slide side door?
lowflyer101 is offline Find More Posts by lowflyer101
Old Jun 05, 2006, 05:04 AM
United States, IN, Granger
Joined Jan 2003
3,099 Posts
Well that is awsome Darth ,,, I got a BT corona with upswept tail that would fit in it just great..... and since "SOMEONE" doesn't seem to want to finish the Hind 24 I guess this would make a great fuse for the BT .. Let me know as soon as you release it ,,I would like to pick one up for this winter .Can you pull it in PETG too??
Larry
v22chap is offline Find More Posts by v22chap
Old Jun 05, 2006, 08:06 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Questions questions:

Landing gear: Each individual will have to custom make their own landing gear. I dont think it would be to hard to make come custom gear.

Cost: I really dont discuss that via the forum

sliding side door: That is very much possible on this. That is the beauty of working with styrene. I will add at least one sliding side door to the proto

Up swept tail: The BT Corona up swept tail isnt tall enough. Its about 2 inches to short. Ill see if I can get intouch with Matt to see if I can get a belt long enough to get the tail up about two more inches, mabey at least he can point me to a belt supplier and etc...

The Hind D (corona size) Its not officially completed yetand I may get back to it soon just for you Larry

PETG body: I wouldnt go this route with a body this size besides that, I only have .020 PETG which would nodoubt be to thin.

Release date: I think I still have yet a ways to go. The molds are no where near production ready
Old Jun 05, 2006, 09:17 AM
Hannover / Germany
Joined Apr 2006
22 Posts
hi darth,

looks great!!!
Mich@el is offline Find More Posts by Mich@el
Old Jun 05, 2006, 09:25 AM
United States, IN, Granger
Joined Jan 2003
3,099 Posts
Even if the upswept don't go up to where it is scale it would still look good enough ,,I would think. The shogun hind upswept don't quite hit where it should and it is fine for standoff scale and my needs.

Code:
The Hind D (corona size) Its not officially completed yetand I may get back to it soon just for you Larry
Hey thanks Darth ,,,now you are making it hard ,,, but I would appreciate it greatly... no rush ,,, as I still have to finish the shogun one ...I just like to harass you every chance I get ...
Larry
v22chap is offline Find More Posts by v22chap
Old Jun 05, 2006, 03:56 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Some more building pics.
Old Jun 05, 2006, 04:07 PM
Golden Gulf Coast