HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2002, 10:23 PM
York PA
Joined Jan 2002
20 Posts
VE metal blade grip question

I acquired a used VE with the cyberheli metal blade grips. I took apart the head to grease the thrust bearings as the goober who assembled it didn't use any grease as well as having the ID's of the thrust bearings installed backwards. Now when I put it back together and tighten the spindle nuts, there is binding and the grips don't rotate unless I back off the spindle nuts quite a bit.
QUESTION: Looking at the VE assy diagram of the head on page 60 of my assy. instructions, Part # 970248(grip spacer) there is a long end and a short end, which end goes in the damper?(towards the headblock)
QUESTION: My grip spacer(970248) has a washer on one side, this washer isn't shown on the assy diagram. Is this extra washer a part of the cyberheli metal blade grip setup? Which side does it go on? On the dampener side or on the bearing side?
Thanks
Vince D
Vance is offline Find More Posts by Vance
to remove ads between posts