HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2006, 12:25 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Discussion
Darth UH-60 Blackhawk project

Im starting another fuselage project. Its more a conversion than a complete scratch built. A while back our esteem heli reviewer (Boyd AKA Hoverup) sent me a BBI UH-60 model for the purpose of seeing whats its possibilities of becomming a vac formed body. Actually I call it going through sort of a "Jenny Craig" or "weight watchers" program so that it would be more appealing and applicable for RC useage without all the weight. I gotta lot of work to do to the fuselage one reason is because it seems that the fuselage or body had been previously preped or was started on to become a converted RC project and then lets say cancelled because of mabey it was to much of a hassle and in the end would basically become a heavier than want to project. First of all, this thing is huge. You may be able to get away using T-rex mechanics (mabey not) I have a BT heli with elevated tail which is almost a perfect fit. The elevated tail needs to come up mabey two inches total. Converting this body into a vac mold is not going to be easy. Ive started on this project a while back and then put it down for a while and tonight I picked it up again. Just a rough estimate of hours needed to bring this to a useable mold, Im looking at about 40 + hours. I have about 7 hours on it already. I dont even have a vac table big enough to form this in my usual three sections. A few areas Im concerned about is the engine exhaust outlets which are a bunch of negatives. But I do have a plan. I think when I do get this done, its going to be really nice. I have alot of prep work to do. Im estimating that this body will weigh in at a fraction of what you can grind and remove with a dremel on the static model itself. Well, Im off.......
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2006, 01:27 AM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Good luck brother. I'm a huge fan of your work and intend to purchase both a JetRanger and a Hughes 500E once I get back in August. BTW...is there any way I can purchase from you directly as opposed to going through a 3rd party like helihobby???

Thanks and good luck on the Sikorsky.

BTW..can you do an S-92???
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)