Corsair 19 13.10%
Curtis P-40 42 28.97%
Other 23 15.86%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 30, 2006, 10:17 PM
Allen, Texas
Joined Sep 2004
189 Posts
It just crossed my mind that another seldom seen warbird is the Hawker Typhoon. Again, I don't think I've ever seen an electric version, much less a park flyer. Now that is one mean looking warbird!
Mike McCormick is offline Find More Posts by Mike McCormick
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2006, 10:38 PM
AMA CD# 5957
Janesville, WI
Joined Jul 2004
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCormick
It just crossed my mind that another seldom seen warbird is the Hawker Typhoon. Again, I don't think I've ever seen an electric version, much less a park flyer. Now that is one mean looking warbird!
Ron Daniels of Canada made a nifty 1/12th Scale Typhoon kit a few years back. Don't know if he's still kitting, though, his website www.rwdrc.com seems to be down.
Robb is offline Find More Posts by Robb
Old May 31, 2006, 12:15 AM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,156 Posts
Quote:
A Hawker Hurricane or Sea Fury would be awesome. They'd also have the market cornered on those two, because to my knowlege, nobody makes a foamy, park flier version of either of these.
Another wish would be a Supermarine Spitfire. The Alfa plane is beautiful but too expensive. The GWS version.... well, lets just say "then there's the GWS version".
If there were something in between, quality and price wise, that flew well, I'd be all over it.
Mike:

S&B http://www.sbrcmodels.com/store/agor...ency=currency2 makes both a Sea Fury and a P-38. They are a little pricey but my Spitfire flys great. I could not ask for a better flying plane than my Spit. See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507840.

We are trying to get enough people together to do a group buy to cut the shipping from "down under" from about $40 per plane down to $15. Still not cheap, but they look good and they bounce! See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=17 and contact Greg if you are interested.

And Tommy, yes the one I am going to get is a German plane....a Fw-TA-152H....LOL

FC
FoamCrusher is online now Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old May 31, 2006, 01:41 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,676 Posts
Actually now that I think of it, the Jug they modeled was a Italian theater Jug...so maybe a Machi Folgori(sp) would be neat...but I doubt they would do that...since it's a lesser known plane...
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old May 31, 2006, 08:32 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
FC

Anouther group buy?!? Excellant!! Has Greg got the number of birds he needs yet? Last time I got the pair of 163 V-II.

A D9 would be a blessing but with the PZ model FW-190 I seriously doubt it will be a 190 of any type.

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old May 31, 2006, 09:43 AM
Finland
Joined Jul 2004
676 Posts
Pavel Stein at steinmodels has 1:12 Hawker typhoon. Its made out of Glass fiber and Obechi covered styrofoam wings. I have one under construction at the moment, I have to send some pics...

44" wingspan and final weight with retracts will be around 1.5 kg.
Ceeray is offline Find More Posts by Ceeray
Old May 31, 2006, 09:58 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Steinmodels looks to have some very nice planes. Wish someone would carry them here in the USA. Love that KI-61!

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old May 31, 2006, 10:05 AM
Finland
Joined Jul 2004
676 Posts
www.steinmodel.cz He sells them directly , just ask from him via Email! I lost my cabin and ordered one from him directly.

Teh quality of the planes is superb for that price and they definately look neat!
I have fuselage almost done with steerable and spring suspended tail wheel and Hyperion 3013-14 Motor.. damn I have to make another threat for the plane...
Old May 31, 2006, 09:42 PM
Allen, Texas
Joined Sep 2004
189 Posts
Thanks for the tip FoamCrusher. I'd seen that site about a year ago and had forgotten all about it. I remember seeing some video on thier site where they intentionally crash thier planes, and you're right, the do bounce! Most of the planes there are what I would consider semi-scale, because of the oversized wings, but hey, they look nice and if they're tough, and fly as nice as your Spit does, I'd consider going in on a group buy if the price is right.

Thanks again.

- Mike
Old May 31, 2006, 10:04 PM
Allen, Texas
Joined Sep 2004
189 Posts
Ceeray,

Those are some really nice looking planes! Thier english side of the site is down and I'd love to read some details, but it looks like the planes have a fiberglass fuse and sheeted foam wings? Which plane did you get from him?
Old Jun 01, 2006, 12:00 AM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
FC

Another group buy?!? Excellent!! Has Greg got the number of birds he needs yet?
Tommy:

I don't know what the count is currently, but PM Greg if you are interested. For totally selfish reasons I have been talking it up here on several threads to see if we can get enough participation to make it worthwhile - Greg and S&B say the minimum is 5, and more drops the shipping cost from down under....but unfortunately not the price of the planes.

I just finished a TM-400 and a GWS Me-109 and it looks like my Wind Dancer is on hold until Denny Maze chews into the backlog that was created when he got sick, so I am in the market for another plane to build.

One can never have too many good planes

FC
FoamCrusher is online now Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Jun 01, 2006, 12:54 AM
O stewardess I speak jive
Willits, CA
Joined Feb 2004
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Actually now that I think of it, the Jug they modeled was a Italian theater Jug...so maybe a Machi Folgori(sp) would be neat...but I doubt they would do that...since it's a lesser known plane...
Or a Veltro would be pretty slick
Jake Williams is offline Find More Posts by Jake Williams
Old Jun 01, 2006, 01:46 AM
Finland
Joined Jul 2004
676 Posts
Quote:
Ceeray,

Those are some really nice looking planes! Thier english side of the site is down and I'd love to read some details, but it looks like the planes have a fiberglass fuse and sheeted foam wings? Which plane did you get from him?
Hawker Typhoon. I will post some pics when I have finished the plane.I am just too lazy to take pics of planes under construction..

And I donīt have to explain bad charasteristics of planes which I donīt show until maiden is flown successfully..
Old Jun 01, 2006, 09:21 PM
diligentia vis celeritas
Corona, CA
Joined Feb 2006
3,547 Posts
so far this year eflite has released the airliner and j3 cub...not sure, but hoping, they will release 3 in one year...if they do, i hope it's a zero, p40, corsair or spitfire...
gunracer is offline Find More Posts by gunracer
Old Jun 02, 2006, 06:35 PM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,307 Posts
Fw190D9,
Love that long nose.

Stacker
stacker is online now Find More Posts by stacker