HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2006, 07:25 PM
Scale Glider Guider
Richmond, BC. Canada
Joined May 2003
192 Posts
Fly-In
Chilliwack BC May Fly-In

Dropped in on the Chilliwack Fly-in today. Cloudy and a little on the cool side but still well attended.

Here's a few pics from Sunday.

Dave
Airbus is offline Find More Posts by Airbus
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2006, 12:25 AM
ok, maybe it is a toy
Alberta, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
1,488 Posts
Great photos Airbus!

Ron's Saturday morning warm-up for everone with Tim Horton's coffee / donuts was great. Thanks again Ron and your Club for your hospitality and I truely, enjoyed the weekend!

Really appreciated the time chatting with so many interesting/fun pilots under the awnings during the rain-showers as well as during preping/spotting on the flight line.

John, Luke, and I had to head back to Calgary early today, but we were able to get a few first-flights in this morning after 7:00am when everyone was up-and-'atem.

Again, good shots Airbus! There were so many fantastic aircraft with care, dedication, and detail (aesthetics/electronics/mechanics/creativity) instilled! Amazing planes like Mustangs, Harvards, Various kitted/ARF balsa-covered, Helis, Foamies, Scratch-built, Brushed, Brushless, Auto-gyros...the E-list continues.
rob mueller is offline Find More Posts by rob mueller
Old May 29, 2006, 12:38 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2001
737 Posts
I paid a quick visit on Sunday, also. Got a couple of flights in with my new Air Tractor. Here are a few of my pics:
Gary
cayuse is offline Find More Posts by cayuse
Old May 29, 2006, 01:55 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Anyone with more information on this one, please!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old May 29, 2006, 03:27 AM
Volts times Amps = Wot?
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Mar 2003
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Anyone with more information on this one, please!
Looks like this is it.... http://www.acme-aircraft.com/level03_D18-C45.htm

I tried to buy one from the website at the weekend but I'm having problems with shipping. Waiting till they're back from Chilliwack to get things fixed then hopefully the kit will be on its way. Beautiful airplane

Great photos, thanks Airbus.

Did Ivan have anything new this year? He has some fantastic designs that I really must get around to building....someday.....
jeezeypeeps is offline Find More Posts by jeezeypeeps
Old May 29, 2006, 04:06 AM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
Ivan had two new things - a larger (100 inch span) Shorts Solent and a Danish KZ-IV.

The Solent has been out at the float pond. The KZ-IV was out in the afternoon today as it began to calm down

When I left the field at 12:30AM Grant and Glen were recharging their Aero Aces for round two of tonight's fly-by-lanternlight madness...

And yes, guapoman, that's the exact airplane you were asking about in the link just above. Very nice flying airplane. It suffered some damage this afternoon but the repairs looked to be easy.

The prototypes for the 170 and the Luscombe were also here and flown several times Saturday and some Sunday.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Last edited by BEC; May 31, 2006 at 06:19 PM. Reason: getting it right about the KZ-IV
Old May 29, 2006, 11:10 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Guys...

Thanks so much for your quick replies!!! Just a wonderful model and SUPER LIGHT for 48 inch wing span! At 24 oz. all flight ready is terrific!

My Great Planes Super Sportster EP weighs at 51 oz. (3.16 lbs.) and it is 48 inch wing span and she glides in great.

I have found my new project!

Thanks again!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old May 29, 2006, 11:28 AM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,040 Posts
Check out the build thread! The B18 ROCKS!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480576

Looks like a nice time up there in Chilliwack this year! thanks for posting the pictures!
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old May 29, 2006, 01:42 PM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
Yes, the Beech 18 does indeed rock. I got a few flights in on it and I loooooove it. In fact, I've all but cleared off my bench so I can start on mine.

I'll get to editing my shots and post 1 or 2 of the 847 pictures we took

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old May 29, 2006, 03:08 PM
Ron
Chilliwack B.C. Canada
Joined Nov 1999
1,318 Posts
Martin...I hear a nasty rumour that Christine got some " money" shots of the Fokkers in formation....hope you can post them How often do you attend a fly in where there are 4 models by the same designer, all different, all World War One vintage...all 1/4 scale or larger, and all on different channels????

I was really pleasantly surprised at the attendance considering that the weatherman did his best to foul us up......But then E fliers are incredibly tough....no wusses there this weekend. It was great to have everyone here again, and some new faces as well....shows the hobby is growing and Healthy...we even had a crew of vendors/distributors in attendance this year and all with bargains to sell.

Thanks to all who made this a great weekend by attending.
we're going to do it again in August as usual.............Ron
Ron is offline Find More Posts by Ron
Old May 29, 2006, 03:50 PM
IAMCANADIAN
Canada, BC, Squamish
Joined Jul 2002
4,744 Posts
Your very welcome Ron and thank you for hosting such a great event. Not sure if I prefered flying my Beaver in the rain or my Ryan NYP (1/16th) in the wind we had on Sunday. Can't wait to see Martin's pics. Watching the Fokkers was something very special indeed.

Another special moment for me was meeting a Gentleman - Bob (sorry I didn't get his last name) - from Abby Hawks RC club who had actually seen the original Ryan NYP Spirit of St. Louis in flight. Guess I brought back a 79 year old memory for him. I'm honored and proud to have done so.
Grejen is offline Find More Posts by Grejen
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Grejen; May 29, 2006 at 03:54 PM. Reason: subscribing
Old May 29, 2006, 06:33 PM
Team Tracon !!!
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Jan 2003
2,748 Posts
Thanks to Ron & the Chilliwack Gang for another great year! We thoroughly enjoyed the event as always.

We always look forward to seeing everyone at this event. It's really the great people and camaraderie that make it such a great event, along with everyone's amazing and unique aircraft.

The weather made it a challenge this year for flying and photography. However, everyone braved the elements and made it a great success once again!

Over the years we found posting the pictures on the many forums quite a cumbersome job. This year, we created our little website to host our pictures of this and the many past events.

We invite everyone to stop by our site to view last weekend's pictures:

www.teamtracon.com

Thanks again everyone for a great time!

Sam & Beverly
Team Tracon
Tracon is offline Find More Posts by Tracon
Old May 29, 2006, 07:04 PM
ok, maybe it is a toy
Alberta, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
1,488 Posts
Edit... Here is part of our Calgary Contingency
Last edited by rob mueller; May 30, 2006 at 11:05 AM.
Old May 29, 2006, 09:43 PM
ok, maybe it is a toy
Alberta, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
1,488 Posts
We got bored on the 10.5 hour drive home so decided to stop in at Wally-World in Kamloops and buy 3 Air Hog Aero Aces.

Here is the link the the video. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...33#post5548595
Last edited by rob mueller; May 30, 2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old May 30, 2006, 02:02 AM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
Am home now - Monday was not wet but a bit breezy and very laid back for the few of us who stayed. Sometimes it's great to just sit and absorb the quiet and beauty of the area in between the odd flight or two.....

Normally I'd be adding pictures, too, but I didn't take a single one. I guess between Christine and Martin, Beverly and Sam (and a few others) I figured I didn't need to bother.

Already looking forward to August.

And as always, a big THANK YOU! to Ron and family for hosting us all.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC