HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by boater_5026, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 12, 2010, 01:42 AM
can you land on that ?
Scottish Highlands
Joined Jan 2005
3,271 Posts
Route map of Red Oktober so far http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...cfbf83d5434eab Whew hope that works, courtesy of Andyn on Mayhem RTW Springer thread. EDIT, Nope sorry folks I tried it and it doesnt come up.
arrow5 is offline Find More Posts by arrow5
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2010, 03:05 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Arrow, I thought that Red Oktober had ranged further south and west by this time.

Did it run into a snag?
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old May 12, 2010, 03:56 PM
can you land on that ?
Scottish Highlands
Joined Jan 2005
3,271 Posts
Yes Kap it has been to southern Germany and the Alps , Bavaria, Austria and one day in Switzerland. Further west at La Vendee in France. It is drifting on the tides of chance and the enthusiasm of folk that want to be part of the scheme. I have a list of over a hundred people all over just waiting for it to blow in their direction. Trouble is cost, we dont want to rely on post or freight but persuade someone going to somewhere to take it with them free or minimum cost. We will see where it ends up. There is a Springer Cup event in Czech Republic in June , anybody fancy a weekend in Prague ? BTW, did the map work for you ?
Old May 13, 2010, 06:58 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow5 View Post
BTW, did the map work for you ?
No, all it gave me was a world map with nothing on it---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old May 13, 2010, 09:03 AM
can you land on that ?
Scottish Highlands
Joined Jan 2005
3,271 Posts
Yes me too. If you look in Mayhem (Springers/ World Tour) you will find Andyn`s post with the map address on it. That seems to work OK. Meanwhile on the continental scene the postal sevices have precluded Red O from turning up at today`s event in Holland...our spy-camera tracked it`s progress and think we see the problem. http://youtube.com/watch?v=0WWftEnFjYY
Old May 13, 2010, 09:04 AM
Bucharest, RO
Joined May 2009
1,990 Posts
... we don't...
CornelP is offline Find More Posts by CornelP
Old May 13, 2010, 09:09 AM
can you land on that ?
Scottish Highlands
Joined Jan 2005
3,271 Posts
we dont what Cornel ?
Old May 13, 2010, 09:36 AM
Bucharest, RO
Joined May 2009
1,990 Posts
when you posted, the video was not loaded yet... sorry...
CornelP is offline Find More Posts by CornelP
Old May 13, 2010, 01:29 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow5 View Post
Yes me too. If you look in Mayhem (Springers/ World Tour) you will find Andyn`s post with the map address on it. That seems to work OK. Meanwhile on the continental scene the postal sevices have precluded Red O from turning up at today`s event in Holland...our spy-camera tracked it`s progress and think we see the problem.
Well at least it ended up in the water.
Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old May 13, 2010, 01:45 PM
can you land on that ?
Scottish Highlands
Joined Jan 2005
3,271 Posts
Yup, a bicycle-assist "Umi Launch"
Old May 17, 2010, 10:02 AM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,449 Posts
Found this one on Uglyships.com. and while I don't necessarily think this one is worse than most of the eyesores on the site http://uglyships.wordpress.com/2009/05/19/kevin-c/ I do think it does look like a stretched springer with a crane (self propelled barge like thing). Anyways I thought that I would post this link here just to give someone (I don't know (TBW?)) and idea for a modded springer is they wanted the challenge of a working crane in a simple hull perhaps.
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old May 17, 2010, 04:47 PM
So broke I can't pay attention
Naples FL USA
Joined Mar 2009
489 Posts
Hi, I'm kinda new to the boating side of the RC hobby, so far my collection only includes two RTR boats, and not being into the 'Go Fast' type stuff, I have been concentrating on scratchbuilding 4X4 scale trail trucks for the last few years.
After reading through most of the 508 pages of this thread over the week-end, all I can say is "I'm Hooked", in fact I just got back from purchasing some materials for my very first try at building a 'Springer'.
I must thank all of you who have contributed your various plans, tips, tricks and info on this amazing little model, and for cursing me with a new affliction/addiction.
Now I have a reason/motivation to clean up my workbench and get busy with a new project.
caymin last is offline Find More Posts by caymin last
Old May 17, 2010, 05:02 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,449 Posts
When you build them to every scale and include a tank lookalike, and stealth springer, then you truly have the disease. When you start referring to yourself as the boatwerks (gee don't we know who we're talking about?)LOL then you really have it bad!
Foo
P.S. yes Toes I know it's Monday!
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old May 18, 2010, 09:58 AM
USA'd ex Brit
Back.. In California
Joined Aug 2006
5,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caymin last View Post
of this thread over the week-end, all I can say is "I'm Hooked", in fact I just got back from purchasing some materials for my very first try at building a 'Springer'.
Welcome Caymin Last

You will find that building and running Springer's is addictive.. 'Springeritus' i think Mr Aero called it.. and you will soon be wanting to build a second..

We need to see pics of your build(s).. It's part of a tradition on this thread..
toesup is offline Find More Posts by toesup
Old May 18, 2010, 10:00 AM
USA'd ex Brit
Back.. In California
Joined Aug 2006
5,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooman2008 View Post
When you start referring to yourself as the boatwerks (gee don't we know who we're talking about?)LOL then you really have it bad!
Foo
P.S. yes Toes I know it's Monday!
My name is Toes... and I'm addicted to building...

I thought it was Tuesday... You mean i missed another Monday?..
toesup is offline Find More Posts by toesup