Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 25, 2006, 12:14 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,311 Posts
Discussion
Micro Biplane from Harbor tools

Ok due to the fact that any rc aircraft in parks etc have been banned,Ive resorted to small lightweight micros that can be flown in my front yard. So I got one of those bipes from Harbor freight tools. Read the thread on it and put in my own electronics, my setup

gws rx
gws ips 50 motor w stock prop
two blue arrow micro servos
gws 100 speed controller
etec 300 mah 2c lipo
hitec eclipse 7 tx

I just used the servos for elevator and rudder, started it up gave a toss and crashed. Set my dual rates lower and started up again, and it took off in the air!!! Did some figure eights and a mess of laps around the neighborhood about 50ft in the air and had a smile all throughout. once i gained the desired altitude i lowered the throttle and cruised it around. Going back the store to get more for my future adventures!!!
helifann is offline Find More Posts by helifann
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2006, 01:22 AM
Laguna Beach, California
Joined Nov 2004
724 Posts
If you do a search you should find a couple of threads on these. Quite a lot of people have done r/c conversions on them (myself included).
LittleJon is offline Find More Posts by LittleJon
Old May 25, 2006, 07:15 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,541 Posts
Setup one up as it comes out of the box and give free flight a try too. They do very well for someting out of the box. I bought a couple to convert to RC, but decided to fly 'em the way they came. BTW: These are regularly on sale for about $8 if you have a local Harbor Freight store.
Tim Wolff is online now Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2006, 08:25 AM
USA, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Feb 2002
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wolff
Setup one up as it comes out of the box and give free flight a try too. They do very well for something out of the box. I bought a couple to convert to RC, but decided to fly 'em the way they came. BTW: These are regularly on sale for about $8 if you have a local Harbor Freight store.
My "local" Harbor Freight is 2 hrs away in Albany, so it has been tough to line up a trip when they are on sale. A few weeks ago I had to go down to Jersey and going via Albany is only about 1/2 hour out of the way. Still, at $3 a gallon, I called to make sure they had them in stock. The girl said the computer showed 28. When I got there, with the help of a nice employee, we scoured the store for an hour and managed to come up with 2! Moral of the story, make sure they go and look, and put whatever you want aside for you.
Dave Wulff is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wulff
Old May 25, 2006, 06:00 PM
greensboro NC
Joined Oct 2004
166 Posts
I work a block away from a harbor freight...they never have the bipes...but almost always have the plane jane free flight airplane..it does make a nice conversion to rc,wish this store would carry the bipes. jeff
growermn is offline Find More Posts by growermn
Old May 25, 2006, 06:01 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,325 Posts
the plane is the acrobipe and this is my latest version
MustangAce17 is offline Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old May 25, 2006, 09:53 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,311 Posts
very nice i gotta get more!!!!