HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2006, 11:07 PM
SCAMMERS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
Discussion
It worked before! now just one, then three beeps! need CC125 help!!!

Hi,

I blipped the throttle once (prop off) to make sure it worked. Brand new e-trinity! Later, I cut off the red wire to disable the BEC as suggested. Not sure if that screwed it up, but now when I plug it together, with a good signal (I've tried two different Rxs and I monitored the servo to take travels to both ends and nothing worked)

What does the beep, then three beeps mean!? That's all it will do! I HAVE to get this figured out before Friday when I'm taking it to the slope for the weekend!!!!

Please anybody that can help let me know!

Fletcher
trashmanf is offline Find More Posts by trashmanf
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2006, 09:24 AM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Olathe, KS (next to the Castle)
Joined Jun 2001
1,649 Posts
Fletcher,

How have you programed the P-125? The three beeps means you have auto lipo detect set as the cut off type. If you are using NiMh cells you will need to change the cut off to 5 volts. Beyond that, I would need more information to troubleshoot this. What battery chemestry, transmitter type, transmitter set up, ESC set up etc. What, exactly, does the ESC do when it won't start, flashing led, no flash, any sounds etc?

Bernie
Bernie Wolfard is offline Find More Posts by Bernie Wolfard
Old May 25, 2006, 10:40 AM
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
thanks for the post!

the 125 is still stock as far as I know. Yes it is on NiMh cells, a 10 pack of 3800s. the Tx is a multiplex evo 9 and I monitored the servo to make sure my movements were translating, I tried reversing it.

what it does is, it beeps once right when you plug it in, there is a single LED flash (I can see it thru the fuse!) and after the very short pause, there are three beeps in a row. then, nothing!

I posted this question in my e-Trinity thread, and someone suggested it might have been left on "auto-calibrate", and that I could move my throttle to mid stick, then lower it all the way after I get beeped at. then it will arm? I didn't see anything about this in the manual but I figure its worth a shot.

Please let me know what you think, I will attempt to program NiMh cut-off (but, I voltmetered my pack and it reads 12.3 V so I don't think the pack is dead).
Old May 25, 2006, 11:31 AM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Olathe, KS (next to the Castle)
Joined Jun 2001
1,649 Posts
You will need to change the cut off voltage on the ESC to ‘5 Volts.’ The three beeps means the cut off voltage is set to ‘Auto Lipo Detect’ and it thinks you 10s NiMh pack is a 3 cell lipo and automatically setting the cut off voltage to 9 volts, way to high for 10s NiMh.

While in programming mode change ‘Throttle Type’ to ‘Fixed’. This fixes the endpoints on the ESC and it then probably arm with your transmitter. If not, what brand and model of transmitter are you using.

If this is going in a fast glider I recommend putting your throttle channel on the trainer switch so you only have off and on and a spring to turn the motor off if you drop the Tx.

Bernie
Bernie Wolfard is offline Find More Posts by Bernie Wolfard
Old May 25, 2006, 02:26 PM
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
Thanks alot for the info, I will try that tonight. why is the lipo cutoff triggering if my pack is at 12V? I will change the throttle to "fixed" as well.

It's on a slider switch with a lot of resistance and small cross section, I don't think it will be affected by dropping the Tx (which I hope I never do!)

I like proportional better than the switch because full power is a gnarly amount of torque/pull to have on this thing. Better to check that throttle is working by gently blipping a small amount of power? thanks for the tips and Ill let you know if it works.

fletcher
Old May 25, 2006, 11:06 PM
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
still not working!!

I tried starting with the throttle in the middle and moving it down... still the same.

I reconnected the BEC! and it still did the same thing. BUT one time, it worked for just a second (blipping the throttle). then I couldn't get it to work!

what am I doing wrong? I couldn't enter programming mode (start with the throttle up, wait for it to flash -pause) because it beeps, then does three beeps! then nothing!!!

It does have a light on every beep. so, flash, then three flashes at the same time. but nothing works still. right now I'm charging my batt up even tho it voltmetered at 12.3 V, maybe I can oversome something!? I really ahve no idea!
Old May 26, 2006, 11:02 AM
Joined Feb 2006
82 Posts
Call Castle and they will walk you through it. This thread is going to get you no where.
jestertoo is offline Find More Posts by jestertoo
Old May 26, 2006, 03:45 PM
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
!@#!@%@%^$^ I will try to call them as soon as I get off work, but I have to work for another couple hours...
Old May 26, 2006, 10:19 PM
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
Well I charged the battery up, and now when I plug it together, it beeps once, then 4 times. I assume this means the lipo cutoff has auto detected 4s level... My pack was toasty at 14.2 V! However, after I hear that tone, there is no communication from the ESC. I have tried starting and leaving at brake level as the manual suggests, but when I finally advance the throttle it does nothing...

I tried to program it, but when I start with the throttle at full, it still does the same beeps, and even though I make the movements to enter programming mode, nothing happens. Should I send in the unit to Castle Creations?

Fletcher
Old May 27, 2006, 12:40 AM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Dec 2003
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanf
Well I charged the battery up, and now when I plug it together, it beeps once, then 4 times. I assume this means the lipo cutoff has auto detected 4s level... My pack was toasty at 14.2 V! However, after I hear that tone, there is no communication from the ESC. I have tried starting and leaving at brake level as the manual suggests, but when I finally advance the throttle it does nothing...

I tried to program it, but when I start with the throttle at full, it still does the same beeps, and even though I make the movements to enter programming mode, nothing happens. Should I send in the unit to Castle Creations?

Fletcher
Take a good look at the signal wire to the RX where it is soldered to the ESC. I had one that had a bad joint once and came loose, and pretty much did what you describe. Barring that, it sounds like it may need to go in for a checkup. Oh, you might, just for giggles, try it on another RX channel . . . .

- Tim
tadawson is offline Find More Posts by tadawson
Old May 30, 2006, 03:07 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,392 Posts
Or read the manual.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old May 30, 2006, 05:45 PM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Dec 2003
832 Posts
One other thing that I didn't see mentioned, (but probably should have been brought up first) is your throttle channel ATV settings. If they are not high enough, the ESC won't see your high/low stick settings correctly, and won't arm/program/pretty much anything. Set them as high as you can (if you have not already done so) and see if you still have the problem . . . .

- Tim
tadawson is offline Find More Posts by tadawson
Old May 30, 2006, 10:34 PM
Joined Feb 2006
82 Posts
Make sure the esc is plugged into your receiver with the correct orientation. I plugged mine in backwards this weekend and obviously it didn't work.

Make sure your ATV is setup for maximum on low and high for throttle channel. I had to bump mine up to 124% on my futaba super 8.

Have you called CC's tech support line yet? If so, what was the result? If not, why haven't you called yet?!

Jess
jestertoo is offline Find More Posts by jestertoo
Old May 31, 2006, 10:21 AM
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
hey, thanks guys (except for gbr2), I sloped the trinity because I couldn't figure it out yet. It does seem as though it's not getting a signal, but I checked the solder joint and it looked okay... I will bust out a voltmeter and check the wire, but beyond that I'll have to send it back.
I have an Evo9 so I can monitor my servo travel, and I've had it waaaay low and waaaay high and still no response. I have been working so much that I haven't had time to call castle while it's till working hours, and my parents just retired so I've been attending lots of parties for them.

I'll call castle tomorrow and if they can't help me out, well, back to castle it goes! thanks again guys. (except u gbr!)
Old Jun 03, 2006, 11:14 AM
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
oh my goodness. as per one of the suggestions from Tim, I cut a little hole in the heat shrink over where the servo wire connects to the CC125, and sure enough the signal wire was sliding around!

what the !??!??!

it gets worse, I soldered it back on, and put everything back together, (i.e. motor system in the nose) and when I plugged it back in, it still was not working! sonofa!

I think I'll have to send it in to castle, this sucks