Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 23, 2006, 11:44 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,573 Posts
Discussion
Livermore Ca, Slopers at Del Valle

I've been flying up at Del Valle during the week, where all the slopers fly on the weekend. I fly on the west side of the ridge, with my Parkflyers and Wings. I've been up there for a few years now doing ok, but in the last couple months, I've been getting glitches, like crazy!! I even took a RC Groups member up there a couple weeks ago and we both got hit alot and both had out of control crashes, because of it.
Has anyone else had any problems?? Butch
Butch777 is online now Find More Posts by Butch777
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2006, 12:33 AM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Dec 2002
2,332 Posts
Hey now,
You may want to post this in the slope forum (or did you and I haven't seen it yet?) and on the "soarheads" list. I don't do delvalle, but I know everal folks who do, I haven't heard anything about interferance troubles lately.
RobII
elfwreck is offline Find More Posts by elfwreck
Old May 28, 2006, 12:47 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
we used to have seratic problems up there one of the resons (snakes being the other) i stoped flying there..

It seems that as the weather starts to change from wet to dry and the humidity is up like it has been then interferance is at its peak.

We get the same type of problems at a few places in dublin during this time of year.

I have flown del valle at least two diffrent groups of years first aroung 77 or 78 and the other aroung 88 to 91 and had probles like i said about this time of year..

It has been a long time since i have gone back but on of my best days there was on the north slope over the tree's.. Have they started to build over the west ridge or do you still have the lower and upper ridge there..

Used to be a hoot getting to the top ridge and then diving the boawl and doing as many loops as you could burn off..

Also are they still drinking up there used to be a group that seemed more there to drink than to fly.
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi