Old May 22, 2006, 07:45 AM
N00b Sloper Addict
Australia, TAS, Brighton
Joined Dec 2005
1,438 Posts
Rave
This is a thread to blabber In.

Hey,

I managed to kill serveral threads by draggin them off topic. So to try and fix this I've made a general blabber thread.

Type till ya finger drop about modeling, Events, flying ins or what ever. Enjoy.

Phill A.K.A. Parkflyer81
Parkflyer81 is offline Find More Posts by Parkflyer81
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2006, 08:30 AM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Hi Phill,

I was about to do the same thing - after all I helped you to maim (I don't think it is dead) the parkflyers EB2 thread.

So now we can catch up without bothering anyone - how are you going to electrify your QFII (at least I think that is what you said you were doing).

Graham
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old May 22, 2006, 08:41 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,524 Posts
hahaha the same thought crossed my mind briefly re the qf2 but how to do it without making it pregnant?
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old May 22, 2006, 08:57 AM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
I think Phill is thinking of an over wing pod - is that right?
Old May 22, 2006, 09:30 AM
N00b Sloper Addict
Australia, TAS, Brighton
Joined Dec 2005
1,438 Posts
That is very correct, I will draw up a design tomorrow and share with you all. till then l8r

P.S. The EB2 is flyable again
Old May 22, 2006, 06:18 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
You are the speed builder!
Old May 22, 2006, 06:27 PM
Joined Dec 2005
189 Posts
Heading out to test fly my new GWS Corsair! Very excited! It's about time we had a decent morning here in Melbourne.
Mr.Buzzy is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Buzzy
Old May 22, 2006, 07:28 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Joined Apr 2004
10,524 Posts
[QUOTE=Parkflyer81]That is very correct, I will draw up a design tomorrow and share with you all. till then l8r]
perhaps with the battery and esc in the verticle pod to wing structure?
Old May 22, 2006, 08:15 PM
RC recluse
Australia, NSW, Kempsey
Joined Dec 2004
1,808 Posts
Looks like this Saturday afternoon will be a good day for slope soaring in Sydney.
Wind is forecast as SSE, so some of us will be heading to Otford for some flying.

Come on down and have a look if you have Saturday arvo free.
nator_au is offline Find More Posts by nator_au
Old May 22, 2006, 10:04 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod
perhaps with the battery and esc in the verticle pod to wing structure?
I was thinking the same - be sure to check that the thrust line is good. I once saw a guy start up a little cox motor on a pod above an Aeroflyte Aeries. Because the thrust line was out the glider started looping. It did three or four consecutive loops no matter the control inputs from the 'pilot' (not really a pilot as he had no control). The second last loop skimmed the grass and the very last loop was interrupted by the field.
Old May 22, 2006, 11:41 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Joined Apr 2004
10,524 Posts
I know what you mean about the thrust line back in 69 a saturn models mid 1 was fitted the same way only an ic motor used and you nearly had to hold in full down made for a very interesting take off
Old May 23, 2006, 02:05 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Hey guys, what's this about leaving me out of the discussion!!! Someone should have notified me

I've electrified the QFII before, it was "okay", though I admit I hacked off the nose to do it and put a pod/canopy over the wing.

A much better way would just be to build an entire new fuse and swap the wings... or an entire new plane (Did I mention I have 4 QFII full kits in stock ... got a short kit that I found too ! )

Anyhow, there's a lot of pressure on me to make a F5J compatible plane, somehow word got around that I do this "design" thing and how I have harassing emails :P Oooh, the ego.

I was thinking of adapting the QFII design, pushing the wing out to 1.5m, adjusting the fuse to cope with a decent battery.

The big problem with a wing-top mounted pod is that you need such a huge amount of height to get a decent prop on there (anything less than 7" would be a waste) and then you need to angle it up fairly sharply to avoid horrible down pitching.

I'm curious to see what Phill comes up with
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old May 23, 2006, 04:29 AM
N00b Sloper Addict
Australia, TAS, Brighton
Joined Dec 2005
1,438 Posts
Paul, I left a note in the EB2 thread, that glydr and myself where starting to strangle.

I'll be running a speed 300 w/ 2.80 gearing, off a lipo system with a 9070 x 3 prop. Over wing pod is the go, I'm still working on a design, after I fix my EB2 again. I had a slight judgement problem and found a rather large gumtree.

Sound like otford is the go this weekend for the sydney siders.

L8R
Old May 23, 2006, 06:34 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Phill,

Sounds like I better get another batch of 20 EB2's in for you, your gumtrees and cars want to play with them too much

I'm still tossing up over if I should go with the 3.2 x 8mm slotted-rib LE or just leave it as the notched 6mm.sq LE.

Paul.
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old May 23, 2006, 07:14 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2006
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Buzzy
Heading out to test fly my new GWS Corsair! Very excited! It's about time we had a decent morning here in Melbourne.
Sure was a nice morning, I took my Easystar out for a whirl and was chased by every bird in the area! Maggies, crows, even a flock of pidgeons following it around.
dev|ant is offline Find More Posts by dev|ant
Closed Thread