HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2006, 12:59 AM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,294 Posts
Discussion
What to do on a rainy day

Actually two rainy days. Couldn't do any outdoor chores so I decided to spend a couple of days in my shop. What I did accomplish was the framing of two new airframes ready for covering.
Haven't done that for a while because I have too many planes ready to fly and very little room for more. But it sure felt good to glue balsa wood again.

BM
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2006, 03:09 AM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,509 Posts
Bill,

I don't mind rainy days too much as there's something distinctly theraputic about a spot of balsa-bashing now and then..

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old May 19, 2006, 04:58 AM
Joined May 2006
3 Posts
The best thing to do is to improve your skills with a simulator on the pc
whizz8kid is offline Find More Posts by whizz8kid
Old May 19, 2006, 06:31 AM
massachusetts
Joined Aug 2003
923 Posts
Rainy dayís ; I read RC Groups threads. Get in a couple heated debates, Do some flight simulator. Here in Massachusetts, Itís been raining 2 weeks now, Ití raining right now. And when itís not raining the wind is too strong. Or the grass is to high. Iíve already got to many foamys. I just started 2 more but canít seem to get into it. In the winter I expect to be in, so Iíll take on a balsa project. Like the one below. Or go fly in a sports dome. I donít know about you, but Iíd just want to get out and fly. HAVE GREAT DAY
Downwind 1 is offline Find More Posts by Downwind 1
Old May 19, 2006, 06:32 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM
But it sure felt good to glue balsa wood again.

How come nobody says that after they crash ?.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old May 20, 2006, 07:02 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,294 Posts
Downwind 1
you have my deepest sympathies. You guys have gotten clobberd by Mother nature lately.

after the rain stopped the wind started. Twenty-five mph with no let up forcast for the next couple days. Guess I'll do a couple more airframes.

BM
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old May 20, 2006, 08:42 PM
Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2004
3,917 Posts
Build a plane which can be flown in a lot of wind and rain ??=D

Seriously, one of my biggest frustrations when learning myself to fly was that it was "always" too windy for my GWS Pico Cub and Slow Stick. Since then I-ve gradually been migrating to significantly more powerful models which have much broader wind-speed ranges.

But rain is a different proposition. Not only bad for the camera which tends to sit on a couple of my mobelds in flight. But also quite irritating vision wise as I wear glasses which do not come with automatic wipers. But rainy days do lend themselves for sorting my AP pics, tweaking my internet server, building the next even faster model, etc.
Arthur P. is offline Find More Posts by Arthur P.
Old May 20, 2006, 09:03 PM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
C'mon, you guys, use your modelling skills to make yourself a set of wipers, and go flying! ;-)

We only get +-10" precip for the year here, so rain ain't a problem, but heat is. As far as wind is concerned, it always blows against a close-by ridge; some days it is hard to choose what to fly...
TLyttle is offline Find More Posts by TLyttle