SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 15, 2006, 03:41 PM
San Pedro
Joined Jan 2004
767 Posts
Discussion
Anyone else having problems ordering fuses?

I was wondering if anyone out there has tried to order replacement fuses with success. I was trying to get a Multiplex Lucky fuse, but they said I would have to buy the entire kit. I only want the fuse so I can use my wing versus the one it comes with. Any thoughts out there?
dman1 is offline Find More Posts by dman1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2006, 03:50 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,424 Posts
Patch up your broken fuse get it smooth and shiney and flop mould it make your own fuse mould.
SteveW
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old May 15, 2006, 04:21 PM
Nucking Futs
Southern Killafornia
Joined Jan 2005
1,626 Posts
Fuses come up for sale in teh Classifieds a lot. Could easily adapt something from there. Ebay often has fuses too. I would bet a DLG fuse of the generic variety could easily be adapted to serve your purposes.

HTH, RJ
I'm Rick James is offline Find More Posts by I'm Rick James
Old May 15, 2006, 04:29 PM
San Pedro
Joined Jan 2004
767 Posts
I would love to have fixed the fuse excpept it did a speed run into the pacific ocean. I'll take a look at those sights for fuses. Thanks guys.
Old May 15, 2006, 09:33 PM
Slope Dog
The Gorge
Joined Mar 2002
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1
I would love to have fixed the fuse excpept it did a speed run into the pacific ocean.
That doesn't sound too Lucky. What is the wing set up that you want to use? I am about to build my Lucky and was thinking about cutting a faster wing for it. I love how much room the fuselage has for the radio gear.
gorgeflyer is offline Find More Posts by gorgeflyer
Old May 16, 2006, 12:25 PM
San Pedro
Joined Jan 2004
767 Posts
What I did was use a Don Ayers wing at 5% Root was 8 tip was 4 ( I think?). My friend Target cut the wings for me. Where I would make my changes are the following.
Use a spar, and carbon fiber for strength. The wing had a bit of flex in it. The first day I flew it, the wind was moderate at about 15-20 (closer to 15) and I got it up to 96MPH on radar. The next day the wind was howling and I experienced flutter. I only had 3 hinges per side and that was my mistake. An aileron ripped off and I went dead stick into the Pacific. I had the plane loaded up to about 75. I could easily get this plane to do 120 if I had it dialled in. The fuse is very sleek. I also went with a conventional tail, versus the V. I have pictures of it if you would like.
Old May 16, 2006, 01:16 PM
more casual than stylish....
Joined Jan 2003
6,949 Posts
Doesnt Northeast Sailplanes (I know, I know...) have a fuse close to the size youre after? I think its for the Sparrowhawk, which is a 2-meter.
slopemeno is offline Find More Posts by slopemeno
Old May 16, 2006, 01:21 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Rick James
I would bet a DLG fuse of the generic variety could easily be adapted to serve your purposes.

HTH, RJ

A DLG fuse wont do it. It's more like a 2M fuse, similar to the OPUS...

T

Dan-
You should make your own fuse pod like a scaled up DLG, with a fatty CF tube(say 1" outside diameter) for the boom. That would work, I think. RJ was on the right track, just needed a steroids injection.
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old May 16, 2006, 02:13 PM
Vitruvian JART
San Francisco
Joined Mar 2003
5,024 Posts
Arthobby will sell fuses for any of their planes. They need a little beefing up but they work great for hacking together your own design.

Hmmmm, the site's not working for me - anyone else?
Reed is offline Find More Posts by Reed
Old May 16, 2006, 02:19 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,245 Posts
Judging by the layup on my Lucky fuse, the ArtHobby fuses will be very similar in strength, if not in planform.
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old May 16, 2006, 02:21 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,763 Posts
Really. I would have thought the AH fuses to have been a little lighter. But I haven't owned both, and you have so....
Good to know.

T
target is offline Find More Posts by target