straty is offline Find More Posts by straty
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2006, 05:18 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boathead
Boats that have taken on water are not a problem.
Cept if they have. they will continue. And youd better pray it dont sink before you get there.

Its neat but looks expensive. The only thing I trust is a cheap (< $150) beater plastic 2 man kayak. NOT inflateable. I can get to my boat in a hurry and Iv needed to.

Fits ontop of any car.
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old May 15, 2006, 05:40 PM
Toy Boat Racer
Atl. Ga.
Joined May 2006
33 Posts
I hear you on the kayak! I built the recovery boat because we cannot put a real boat of any kind in the lake where we hold our club meetings. With twin Bosch drill motors on 12v and 35mm three blade props, it is pretty quick. As far as cost, I have have about $150.00 in it. Most of the material I had lying around!!
Boathead is offline Find More Posts by Boathead
Last edited by Boathead; May 15, 2006 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Added pics
Old May 20, 2006, 04:43 PM
Joined Apr 2006
16 Posts
Quote:
Cept if they have. they will continue. And youd better pray it dont sink before you get there.
This is why you put closed cell foam inside the boat.
Even if it goes down, it stays at surface.
ShadowGibbon is offline Find More Posts by ShadowGibbon
Old May 22, 2006, 06:42 AM
Toy Boat Racer
Atl. Ga.
Joined May 2006
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGibbon
This is why you put closed cell foam inside the boat.
Even if it goes down, it stays at surface.
Yes sir,And if you are smart, you will glue the floation in. My son was distracted one time (pretty girl)and T boned a 21'' mono of mine with his Triton Cat. Nothing worse than seeing your boat go down while your flotation mearly marks the spot where the (accident) took place
He was able to recover the boat and I am still running it today,lesson learned.
I now glue the flotation in my boats.
Old May 31, 2006, 11:44 PM
MRD
MR DAD
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Joined Feb 2005
254 Posts
Cool recovery boat

I think I have seen this boat in action. I fly my electric planes at briscoe park. I Have seen a lot of electric boats on the lake and I think thats one of them. Its really sweet looking when its in action. Has plenty of power and is pretty quick for its size.
MRD is offline Find More Posts by MRD
Old Jun 01, 2006, 05:58 AM
Toy Boat Racer
Atl. Ga.
Joined May 2006
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD
I think I have seen this boat in action. I fly my electric planes at briscoe park. I Have seen a lot of electric boats on the lake and I think thats one of them. Its really sweet looking when its in action. Has plenty of power and is pretty quick for its size.
Hey MRD,
Next time you see us stop and introduce yourself. A couple of the guys fly their float equipped planes off the lake. I am the tall guy with the white trailer.
Doug
Old Jun 01, 2006, 03:52 PM
MRD
MR DAD
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Joined Feb 2005
254 Posts
Brisco

Have thought about flying off the lake. I have several float planes but recovery could be a problem. We do have a nice fairwind sail boat.All of my rc boats are nitro power. Would like to see the electrics run. After watching electric airplanes fly decided to part with the nitro and go electric. Would like to do that with the boats.
MRD is offline Find More Posts by MRD
Old Jun 01, 2006, 07:12 PM
Toy Boat Racer
Atl. Ga.
Joined May 2006
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD
Have thought about flying off the lake. I have several float planes but recovery could be a problem. We do have a nice fairwind sail boat.All of my rc boats are nitro power. Would like to see the electrics run. After watching electric airplanes fly decided to part with the nitro and go electric. Would like to do that with the boats.
I have recovered Soar Stars with the recovery boat ...We will be back out there on the 10th. It is our first night float but I will be there from 9:00 am until 10:30 pm. Come by and bring your boat. Lots of good people