HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2006, 10:18 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Discussion
Radio Shack r/c quad

I went to return something at the local Rat Shack today. I could only get a store credit for the return, so I browsed around and saw one of the electric quads marked down to $64 bucks (half price!). It just so happened that the item I returned was $65, so guess what I brought home.

I charged up an old 2000mAh nicad and popped it in, and was pleasantly surprised. The thing is powerful enough to pop wheelies and do stoppies. It will even flip over forward when doing stoppies. It certainly is not as fast as my HPI quad, but it's really for my 2 yr. old son to play with. When he get's tired of it or breaks it, I think I may steal his rider figure as it definitely has better scale than the HPI guy.

So far it looks to be a pretty good toy for the money... but I would not pay more than I did.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2006, 11:06 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
It just so happened that the item I returned was $65, so guess what I brought home.
Let me guess, you were returning a Ricky and picked up a quad to replace it?

Maybe I could pick one up for my daughter's birthday next week! I could paint it pink, stick one of her Bratz dolls on it and send you the big guy!

Dave
dmincin is offline Find More Posts by dmincin
Old May 09, 2006, 07:47 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,654 Posts
wow... it looks like Ricky's been drinking milk and pumping iron....
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old May 09, 2006, 11:24 AM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
No I didn't return any Rickys. Gotta hang onto them for the eventual brushless conversion.

On that note, I wonder how a Novak HVMaxx would power a Ricky?
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old May 09, 2006, 11:45 AM
Danbury, CT
Joined Jun 2005
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
No I didn't return any Rickys. Gotta hang onto them for the eventual brushless conversion.

On that note, I wonder how a Novak HVMaxx would power a Ricky?
I have been keeping my eye on the mamba maxx, wich now has an official release date
^jynx^ is offline Find More Posts by ^jynx^