HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2002, 07:38 PM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
Bucker Jungmeister or Heinkel He51 ?

Has anybody seen either one of these models fly? Can i get any comments from the forum? Looking at plans in the gaint scale range(68"to 70" w.s.) thanxs for any comments.KOMET44
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2002, 08:17 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Saw a pretty hefty Jungmeister fly at the NC Triad meet couple of years back. IIRC, from the "CAP" plan - old English design, plan available from Traplet Publications. It had around 24 cells, big Astro. Flew, needed more grunt than it had to make it act the part. 60-odd inches span, looked pretty big to me, pretty ancient design, bet it could have a lot of lightness fitted to it.

Have you tried Bob Holman? He has lots of stuff in this area.
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Jul 12, 2002, 09:57 PM
D.G.B.
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
dereck been looking at rcmmagazine has the He51 at 72" top wing and M.A.N. has Gary Allen's plan for the jugmeister in two or three scale sizes with kits from arizona model company.But mine will be a scratch built.Even saw dave platt offering a plan too.thanxs dereck for your comments.(by the way i have a nice MaxN32-13Y, Superbox&matching speed contrler) wanting a new home So as for power, i think i have it covered KOMET44
Old Jul 12, 2002, 10:15 PM
United States, NY, Fairport
Joined Jun 2000
2,600 Posts
Gary belongs to the club I'm in. His Jungmeister is awesome and he flies it in a very scale manner. His designs are very true to scale and great fliers. Its a big plane I have no idea what you would use to e-power.
Dave
dottney is offline Find More Posts by dottney
Old Jul 14, 2002, 08:39 PM
Granby, CT, USA
Joined Jan 2001
950 Posts
Jungmeister?

Stefan, a fella named Gordon Whitehead published a very nice Jungmeister in RCM some years ago. Kinda' small, meant for .25 glow. But built nicely. Whitehead is one wise designer. This plan can be enlarged to any size you can think up down at Kinko's. The bigger it gets, the better it will fly. I can show you the plan at the next club meeting.
PeterH is offline Find More Posts by PeterH
Old Jul 15, 2002, 05:48 AM
Manchester, England
Joined Jul 2002
10 Posts
The Platt Jungmeister is very heavy and would need redesigning completely for electric power, however mine flies beautifully on 15cc IC power.

I have a full-size Jungmeister photoset available for builders of this fine aircraft:

http://www.ivyandmartin.demon.co.uk/.../photocat.htm/
Martin W is offline Find More Posts by Martin W
Old Jul 15, 2002, 01:09 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Hi Dave
I don't recall this guy's name, but know him and his buddy were from the Virginia Beach location - between them, they had a trailer full of sport-E models of all sizes. They were taking the Jungmeister off to add some more grunt after test flying, but that was a couple of years back.

The Gordon Whitehead plan would produce a real good flier, but I think even Gordon would admit to it needing a structural redesign for this aim. I'd heard rumours of his working on some larger electrocutions of his 25 glow designs, but last I heard he'd caught dustbuster fever and was slinging a hefty EDF MIG 15 around.

Stefan, looks like you have the con. Do a good job, all the best for the project. I've been idly contemplating a Curry Wot biplane for about as long as the many other projects I don't have time for. Now John Bergsmith finally talked me into buying his Sig Cub kit, so they're all one further back now...

Lets see - 1/5th Cub - scale power, 16 - 20 cells and a geared MaxCim 13Y. or IMAA Scale power - two MaxCims, one MAT beltdrive, 21 cells per motor, so it will hover like real Cubs can
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Jul 15, 2002, 03:26 PM
Houston, Texas
Joined Oct 2000
1,030 Posts
Rodell Model makes a really nice 1/4 scale Jungmeister that builds light and flies great.
flailing is offline Find More Posts by flailing
Old Jul 16, 2002, 02:53 PM
D.G.B.
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
thanxs for the comments

Again thank you all for your comments.stefanP
Old Jul 19, 2002, 04:10 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
let me vote for the inline, not the radial
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old Jul 19, 2002, 04:59 PM
Joined Aug 2000
3,919 Posts
Why?

The inline has only one boring silver colour scheme, whereas the radial was the production model which won all the acclaim in the full size aerobatic world, with loads of choice of colours.

Gordon
Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Gordon
Old Jul 19, 2002, 05:49 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
I think my bias dates to the Flyline kit- I saw it before I saw the radial, and it looks slick to me. I have a GWS TM that may end up converted to a jungmothster... new tail is most of the work.
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old Jul 19, 2002, 05:55 PM
Houston, Texas
Joined Oct 2000
1,030 Posts
I have the Profile publication that has many colors for the inline version including the fimilar yellow Swiss markings. There were more than one version the Jungmeister Radial (Young Master) Jungmann inline (Young Man)
Old Jul 19, 2002, 06:35 PM
Houston, Texas
Joined Oct 2000
1,030 Posts
Here is a pic of my jungmann in the Swiss markings shown in the Profile Pub. The Jungmann makes the best flying model but I still like the radial engined Jungmeister.
By the way Dave at EAM had a sweet fiberglass Jungmeister for Sp 600 motors the last time I was there, I had a hard time not buying it made by Bauer Modelbau.
Last edited by flailing; Jul 19, 2002 at 06:51 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2002, 08:41 PM
Hey, I wanna fly too!
United States, TX, Justin
Joined Sep 2001
223 Posts
The Bücker 133 Jungmeister flailing is refering to is marketed by Aeronaut and you can find the specs on their site . I admire this kit everytime I stop by EAM and keep threating to buy it, but there's too many kits on the shelf all ready...

Terry
tphillips is offline Find More Posts by tphillips