HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2006, 03:48 AM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
Discussion
RCSuperpowers.com... A Real class Act

I want to publicly thank the gang over at RCSuperpowers, A couple of days ago my amazing little F-117 parkjet was attacked by a terrorist red tailed hawk. The aircraft was destroyed (thankfully the pilot managed to punch out and was rescued by a lone USAF Boom Operator).

Fast forward to 4 days later, I am at the house watching re-runs of South Park when the mail man showed up at my door with a box and a "no charge slip", from who else? Thats right, RCSuperpowers! For a small business to go out of there way to make a customer happy, even if they had no fault is almost unheard of until now. So let me say. THANK YOU!! As we speak I am having a US flag flown over Iraq (no joke) for you to show my graditude (you will just have to wait until the jets rotate back home in about 4 weeks before I can send it. May every person on this board reward you with at least one order.

And for the Al Terrorist Red Tailed Hawk F-117 killer, please know that Team America is Coming for you!
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Last edited by kc135boomer; May 07, 2006 at 11:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2006, 10:01 PM
Idle up!
USA, VT
Joined Nov 2004
5,802 Posts
Wow! I'll bump this thread.. thats down right nice!
PLATINUM is offline Find More Posts by PLATINUM
Old May 07, 2006, 12:34 AM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,616 Posts
Great story! Three cheers for RCSupowerpowers.com! I also had great service from them--ordered a kit on Sunday and had it in my hands on Tuesday. Plus they threw in lots of extra Depron pieces with the kit to make future repairs easy. Very nice touch, especially considering how expensive Depron is.

Steve
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old May 07, 2006, 02:00 AM
Live to fly, fly to live!
New Bern, NC
Joined Dec 2003
4,339 Posts
I've talked with Dave @ RCSuperpowers.com over the phone...I can vouch that he's a top notch guy!

Glad to hear your F-117 will be back up soon KC135!

PAul
DCobra is offline Find More Posts by DCobra
Old May 07, 2006, 06:12 AM
Bonnie Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc135boomer
I want to pubicaly thank the gang over at RCSuperpowers.....
Brightened up my day. Sorry kc135boomer.
electrotor is offline Find More Posts by electrotor
Old May 07, 2006, 11:26 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
Hooked on Phonics did not work for me. Fixed now. And to think the US Military lets me refuel 3 billion dollar bombers at 300 mph. Guess there is no spelling involved.
Old May 07, 2006, 11:48 AM
Live to fly, fly to live!
New Bern, NC
Joined Dec 2003
4,339 Posts
kc135....as long as you can find the hole, why not?
DCobra is offline Find More Posts by DCobra
Old May 07, 2006, 01:57 PM
Bonnie Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
847 Posts
Off topic kc135, but you might know......how come the USAF and the USN/USMC don't use the same system for refuelling? It always struck me as peculiar that the US didn't standardise across all all branches of the military like the RAF and RN.

BTW English is almost a second language for some of us in this part of Scotland. We only use it to communicate with the outside world. Local spellings can get a bit unintelligible to others.
Old May 07, 2006, 05:23 PM
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
The original design was designed to put a large amount of fuel into the B-52s very quickly (before the nukes hit). The fuel system in most smaller fighters can not take any more than 1500 lbs a minute and it is more expensive to fit the normal recepticle into them. The USAF sticks with it as it is the way we have always done it. The Navy decided they could not have a fleet of KC-135s to call their own. So they converted some S-3, F-18E, EA-6B, etc to pass fuel to their own jets waiting to land. For NATO birds I think it is all about cost and maintenance, plus most of them do not own any large "boom" equiped jets, but it is easy to mount drogue pods to most anything. Hope that helps.

Although the super talented RAF has the budget to buy a fleet of "Boom" equiped jets, they would just not have the need for them as most of your customers are within NATO and use the probue and drogue system.
Old May 07, 2006, 07:33 PM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
I can personally vouch for Dave of R/C Super Powers he is awesome guy.
bkahuna is offline Find More Posts by bkahuna
Old May 07, 2006, 07:48 PM
Bonnie Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
847 Posts
Thanks for that kc135, I hadn't realised it was a fuel flow issue. I've seen pictures of booms equipped with drogues as well but they do look a bit odd as they were never really designed to go together anyway.
I'm not so sure the RAF can afford boom equipped jet as we always seem to end up with old airliners converted to flying gas stations. However the drogue does have it's advantages. Bet you kc135 boys can't do this trick........
Old May 07, 2006, 08:02 PM
Bonnie Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
847 Posts
BTW, sorry RCSuperpowers, this has strayed off topic, so I'll try and steer it back a bit.
I can certainly vouch personally for the speed of response from these guys as I emailed a short while back to check on shipping costs to the UK and had barely finished sending when a reply came back.

It's a pity that shipping your kits to the UK is hit by postage charges exceeding the cost of an individual kit. Have you thought of publishing the plans (.dwg, .dxf, .pdf) and selling them that way. I have bought a couple already from the States and would do it again. Just a thought.
Old May 07, 2006, 09:20 PM
Idle up!
USA, VT
Joined Nov 2004
5,802 Posts
got to go on a kc-135 over greenland refueling fb-111s when I was 16 in the CAP.. sat right next to the boom operator
PLATINUM is offline Find More Posts by PLATINUM
Old May 07, 2006, 10:44 PM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrotor
It's a pity that shipping your kits to the UK is hit by postage charges exceeding the cost of an individual kit. Have you thought of publishing the plans (.dwg, .dxf, .pdf) and selling them that way. I have bought a couple already from the States and would do it again. Just a thought.
I have drawn up in PDF both the F-117 and Black Plane and have sent them to Dave. I think that they both will be offered in PDF format soon.
bkahuna is offline Find More Posts by bkahuna
Old May 08, 2006, 12:18 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrotor
Thanks for that kc135, I hadn't realised it was a fuel flow issue. I've seen pictures of booms equipped with drogues as well but they do look a bit odd as they were never really designed to go together anyway.
I'm not so sure the RAF can afford boom equipped jet as we always seem to end up with old airliners converted to flying gas stations. However the drogue does have it's advantages. Bet you kc135 boys can't do this trick........
I am going to now hi jack my own thread...

Bet we can

It is a system we call MPRS or Multi Point Refueling System.