HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2002, 07:56 AM
Ithaca, NY USA
Joined Oct 2000
617 Posts
does anyone have information about this model?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cliff/1/2aaaaa.jpg
Bob Chiang is offline Find More Posts by Bob Chiang
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2002, 02:10 PM
San Francisco
Joined Jul 2000
982 Posts
I can't see how this design would be an improvement over a more conventional platform. It seems the antithesis of a hand launch glider, lacking the beauty and grace of the best of these lighter than air machines.

Greg
greg morrison is offline Find More Posts by greg morrison
Old Jul 12, 2002, 03:22 PM
Motor Maniac
Orange County, CA
Joined Feb 2002
2,875 Posts
Interesting design!

I'm no expert by any means, but I do have opinions. Looks like the reason for this design is to get the center of mass further out during the launch without increasing the wingspan. This might result in higher energy in the launch with all other things being equal. The only other possible reason I can see for this type of design is to beef up the outer wing so it doesn't get abused as much during the launch (the outer wing is moving faster, so there is more force on it than the inner wing).
10Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 10Thumbs
Old Jul 12, 2002, 04:19 PM
San Francisco
Joined Jul 2000
982 Posts
10 Thumbs:

I agree that the design must be all about the launch, because I can't imagine that an asymmetrical wing like this is going to fly better than a conventional wing.

Greg
greg morrison is offline Find More Posts by greg morrison