Old May 02, 2006, 09:30 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,075 Posts
Trader Rating: 1107
Rant
Priority Mail Delivery Times....

Anybody else having problems with USPS Priority Mail delivery times??

Pete (holedigger) sent me a motor Priority Mail. He is only a couple hour drive from here. Took a week.

I sent stuff to snolord in MA, took 8 days.

Sent 3 customers orders out that all took over a week. One was 10 days. A fourth Priority box came back to me empty (?!?!?)

These are only a few of the latest incidences. I was chatting with Steve (Vintauri) about a package of his that is a week in transit, so I figured I'd see if anybody else it having trouble.
Makes me wonder why I pay for 2-3 day service
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Holy Tiny Transmitter Batman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2006, 09:32 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,369 Posts
Trader Rating: 223
Cause they give you the pretty boxes for free!

I'm irritated at the latest. It's hard enough to make a sale worth it with the shipping prices then when they screw up and don't get it there it just sucks.

I'm hoping I can get some answers or that it shows up otherwise I'm out the motor and the shipping

Steve
Vintauri is online now Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2006, 10:09 PM
Angering mobs since 1980.
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Sep 2001
2,929 Posts
Trader Rating: 333
Funny, I'm not having any trouble with PM shipping. I also use First Class Parcel and it gets there most riki-tik even.

Perhaps it is your local BMC screwing up? (BMC = Bulk Mail Center)

Or, some postal worker has it in for you?

--
Mike N
Twmaster is offline Find More Posts by Twmaster
Old May 02, 2006, 10:21 PM
Havin FUN
United States, KS, Basehor
Joined Sep 2001
573 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Humm Shipped from Kansas to Calif on Monday and folks got it Wed ! PM
Shipped from Kansas to WA on Monday and folks got it Wed ! PM
Shipped rom Kansas to IA on Monday and folks got it Wed ! PM
I thought WOW !
Don-Basehor, Ks
Gonnacrash is offline Find More Posts by Gonnacrash
Old May 02, 2006, 10:29 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
I've been shipping everything priority without any problems at all.

Jim
BrunswickOH is offline Find More Posts by BrunswickOH
Old May 02, 2006, 10:35 PM
MN WATTS Master
Joined Jul 2003
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunswickOH
I've been shipping everything priority without any problems at all.

Jim
Same here but now I have two packages that I sent the same day that seem to have just dissapeared. One was first class so it could still be on it's way but the other was priority and should be there by now.

I hope they show up to the people or at least back to me eventually.

Steve
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2006, 11:24 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Trader Rating: 181
Some of the worst delivery performance relative to distance I've had were for packages that didn't have to go more than a couple hundred miles at most. This was mostly for 1st class and Parcel Post. I refuse to use Parcel Post; worst performance for the money, and the long transit times almost ensure damage or internal theft. I've had the least amount of problems with Priority Mail, both shipping out and receiving and it seems to be the best compromise between speed and cost so I do almost all of my shipping by Priority Mail with the exception of sub-13 oz packages (First Class). Also, I always request delivery confirmation, even if I have to pay for it although it's either free or discounted (for First Class) when using PayPal Shipping.

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old May 02, 2006, 11:30 PM
Cincinnati Cin N.Knty, Ohio, United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,037 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
No problems with priority shipping, but I am having a problem with a box I shipped to canada, shipped it on the 12th of april, still not there. Not sure if its customs or if its just lost. I have the receipt, but I cant find the piece of paper that says it was insured and I cant find my copy of the customs form. Hope it shows up or I am out 100 bucks.
chris8105 is offline Find More Posts by chris8105
Old May 03, 2006, 06:57 AM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
Trader Rating: 116
This happened a month or so ago.
I bought a motor / ESC combo from Milton. He shipped it on say a ....Monday. It showed up the Tuesday of the next week. Seems like it left his PO, went to Atlanta, back to his PO,back to ATL, then to Macon then to me. Took a week and a day.
About 2 weeks later, I bought something else. He shipped it on a Mon. It was in my mailbox on Tue. ( the next day )
Go figure....

It is still better than FedEx by far though........
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old May 03, 2006, 07:49 AM
MN WATTS Master
Joined Jul 2003
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8105
No problems with priority shipping, but I am having a problem with a box I shipped to canada, shipped it on the 12th of april, still not there. Not sure if its customs or if its just lost. I have the receipt, but I cant find the piece of paper that says it was insured and I cant find my copy of the customs form. Hope it shows up or I am out 100 bucks.

I'm not sure you can always insure international packages. Most of mine that I send airmail get there in about a week. I have not had problems shipping to Canada.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2006, 08:03 AM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I used to work at the USPS;

Priority mail is a JOKE. It is nothing more than a 1st class package, and is treated as such!

Save your money, send it as a package. It will get there just as quick, and it will be cheaper to send.

The only exception is Global priority, which does get better treatment and should arrive about 25% sooner.

and now you know the "rest of the story"...
TerryE is offline Find More Posts by TerryE
Old May 03, 2006, 08:19 AM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,075 Posts
Trader Rating: 1107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri
I'm not sure you can always insure international packages. Most of mine that I send airmail get there in about a week. I have not had problems shipping to Canada.
Kinda funny how you hear all the horror stories of shipping to Canada. Airmail is the one service I've had no problems with whatsoever. Go figure.....
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Holy Tiny Transmitter Batman
Old May 03, 2006, 08:20 AM
MN WATTS Master
Joined Jul 2003
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryE

Priority mail is a JOKE. It is nothing more than a 1st class package, and is treated as such!

Save your money, send it as a package. It will get there just as quick, and it will be cheaper to send.

The only exception is Global priority, which does get better treatment and should arrive about 25% sooner.

I use priority because they provide the boxes and that can be worth it if you don't have any on hand.

But your right First Class is often just as fast. Thats if the package does not just vanish.

Steve
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2006, 10:16 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Trader Rating: 139
I recieved a CC pixie 7 in a priority padded envelope the other day (the kind you purchase AT the PO).

It arrived in a clear plastic envelope like some sort of forensics evidence... with a large red STAMP saying "recieved in damaged condition Seattle, WA".

I turn it over, and almost the entire backside of the envelope it missing... with the ESC wires hanging out.... and a large boot mark print on it.

--------------------------

Priority is indeed a joke. First Class is the exact same thing... it rides in the same truck, right beside the "Priority" packages. And the hand sorters will still not give a damn while doing the Mexican hat dance on whichever package they choose.

Also, the USPS will deny and fight you on all claims of damage...EVEN when the padded envelope that says "Recieved in bad condition" was obviously bought FROM the post office at the time of shipping.

Such bull crap, insurance is even more of a joke.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Last edited by Blaze.45; May 11, 2006 at 09:51 AM.
Old May 03, 2006, 10:19 AM
Zebulon, NC
Joined Aug 2000
5,086 Posts
Trader Rating: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryE

I have always heard that but in my experiences it does not seem true. Many packages that I have received first class from CA have taken a week - 2 weeks to arrive here where Priority mail takes 3 days tops normally.
Steve H. is offline Find More Posts by Steve H.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread