SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 03, 2001, 07:19 AM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,864 Posts
A-10 glitching issue...need some help!!!

Hi,

My A-10 is glitching pretty badly while motor on. It went down in the weeds today due to surging right after launch. I had 2 caps on each motor, the hitec 535 rx is in front of the battery, and the aveox a-15 esc is right behind the battery. Added the third cap...and fully extended the rx antenna(had some of it wrapped on a straw) when I got home. The esc and rx are rather close to the battery, but I moved the pack out of the plane, and it still does it. Range wise, I'm getting to about 40 ft now with one antenna section up b4 it starts, but it still isnt clean enough for me to think it's gonna be ok in the air. Antenna is routed across the top of the fuse, and (now) up to the top of one fin. How is your antenna routed? Should I try a different ESC?
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2001, 11:44 AM
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Joined Nov 2000
667 Posts
Greetings - Which A-10 are you flying and what motor/fan unit & cell count?

Fly Fast! Mark
Mark Nankivil is offline Find More Posts by Mark Nankivil
Old Aug 03, 2001, 11:59 AM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,935 Posts
Before you go rearranging (sp?) everything, try wrapping the wires that go from the receiver to the esc in aluminum foil, and also do this to your servo leads, and to be sure wrap the receiver in foil. Heck, I guess you could wrap the motor wires running from the esc to the motors in foil also, it probably wouldn't get too hot. If that doesn't work you might try a signal filter in the esc lead from the esc to the motor. I think that noise can get into a receiver through this wire due to the power and signal coming from the bec. This will probably work but if not something else may be wrong. The foil thing to me is a stronger measure than just moving things around. With small planes, rearranging things isn't always an option.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Aug 03, 2001, 09:13 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,864 Posts
Mark,

It's the dare, with cox fans, Mabuchi 180's, and 10cell-600ae packs. Go here for a look:

<a href=http://www.freehomepages.com/gofli/darea10.html>A-10</a>

Ed,

Thanks, I will try that. I did have to lengthen the RX lead for the esc...so maybe that's part of it.

Thanks,
David

[This message has been edited by Gofli (edited 08-03-2001).]
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2001, 02:41 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,864 Posts
Well,

I have wrapped everything in foil, the servo esc leads...I also twisted them together first, even wrapped the motor leads and the rx...still glitching. I guess I will try swapping the esc next...this is the A-15 that I had in my Sukhoi, which crashed due to an undetermined interferance issue, so it could be the culprit.

Later,
David
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2001, 10:51 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,935 Posts
Well, sorry the foil trick didn't work. Noise generated from the BEC could be getting into the receiver. I don't know if this can actually happen, but on my brushless setup I put a noise trap on the ESC lead to the receiver anyway, just to be sure. Not sure if it was needed but it's something you can try. Try a different ESC first to see if the problem goes away.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep