HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2002, 03:32 PM
Boone, Iowa, United States
Joined Feb 2002
297 Posts
Hobby Lobby's P-51 and/or corsair

Just saw these airplanes on their webpage and was wondering if anyone has converted them or have any info about them.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/p-51.htm
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/f4u_corsair.htm

I tried to search for information but had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
denverone is online now Find More Posts by denverone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2002, 04:04 PM
Simian Member
Minneapolis, USA
Joined Oct 2001
245 Posts
I'd like to know how much hassle it would be to add ailerons.
HardLander is offline Find More Posts by HardLander
Old Jul 11, 2002, 05:21 PM
TN
Joined May 2000
1,136 Posts
There have been a number of previous threads, try Flying Styro Corsair, ect.

The F4U flies very well with just the rudder and elevator, will even roll with this setup. Ailerons are possible and have been done but as I recall the modeler decided that it was not much of an advantage.

The Mustang has less wing area than the F4U and is a handful with the 4 bladed prop (really need to clip the blades a bit). Might be a candidate for some direct drive setup.

They are beautifully detailed, I'm sure that many will be built for static display. They even have a detailed cockpit with seat and instruments. I really am a sucker for scale models, particularly warbirds.

Mike Hines
Hiflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hiflyer
Old Jul 11, 2002, 06:47 PM
Boone, Iowa, United States
Joined Feb 2002
297 Posts
these are the flying styro kits. I figured that was what they were but not for sure. Thanks for the quick replies.
denverone is online now Find More Posts by denverone