HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:52 PM
LIGHT IT UP!
Joined Mar 2006
39 Posts
Discussion
Brushless data for GWS triple prop and quad prop.

Does anyone have an links or data on these props.
Better yet does anyone know how to guess on what kind of gearing you would need to anticipate the difference between a 9070 regular and the triple

How about the 1080 regular and the quad?

I figure the "scale" guys would be all over this.

Thanks from a scale prop wantabe.
spin-doc is offline Find More Posts by spin-doc
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2006, 05:21 AM
Registerd Beaver
Australia, WA, Warwick
Joined Jul 2003
3,568 Posts
I can't answer all you Q's esp. the techo bits.
Can't say I've seen it but someone either here or the GWS board will have an answer.
What I have read & can verify is that if you go from a 2-blade prop to the same pitch in 3 blade, consider the 3 blade prop to have roughly +1" of pitch.
ie - it will load the motor up to the equivalent of what a 9080 2 blade prop would do.
It is because of the extra mass ( & a dozen other techo reasons to).
But I can vouch for the increase current draw.
As for practical use - I've found it no better than the 9070 2B, so my opinion is cosmetic value only.
No info on the 1080-4B sorry.

Phil
Smokin' Beaver is offline Find More Posts by Smokin' Beaver
Old Apr 30, 2006, 09:40 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,871 Posts
I have flown the GWS 9x7 3-blade prop on my GWS Zero with a geared MIniAC1215/16 in a GWS 300C gearbox with C gearing. It pulled about the same as a 9X7 slow flyer prop. The 3 blades tend to break off or get damaged when/if you strike the prop on the ground. After quite some flying experience with small geared inrunners, I am beginning to think that the tiny front ball bearings are not able to cope well with the mass of large propellers and the jerking, pulling and pushing of the pinion against the spur gear. A cheap bushing as in brushed can motors might stand up better. I started a small inrunner versus small outrunner thread on the Electric Power forum to get other opinions. I think that for scale models, it's more practical to routinely fly with 2-bladers and display with good looking handmade scale props.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged