HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2006, 07:35 PM
Will work for batteries..
USA, UT, Kaysville
Joined Feb 2005
472 Posts
Discussion
How come no one has purchased/built the X-flight X-35?

Just curious but I havent seen much on the X-35 from X-flight. I would love to get one but with no gear I would tear it up. There isnt any grass down here, just rocks and dirt with some occasional weeds! (I live in southwest texas, aka the edge of the earth, the desert!) Retractable gear would be nice!
sd2602 is offline Find More Posts by sd2602
Last edited by sd2602; Apr 29, 2006 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2006, 01:58 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
You could add fixed gear a lot easier.
F-35 http://www.x-flight.hk/eng/products/....asp?ic=XFP003

I have an F-22 on order from them right now. http://www.x-flight.hk/eng/products/....asp?ic=XFP004
F-22 Thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484685

Sounds like you need to add some fiberglass so you can do those "Rough Landings"

Tom
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old Apr 30, 2006, 03:20 AM
Joined Sep 2005
842 Posts
Hi sd2602

Since the plane is not big, it would be difficult to fit the retracts in, also, there is limited choice in small size retracts. Fixed gear can be installed, but would spoil the appearance of the plane, this is my own opinion.

I agree with you that if your landling place is a land with rocks and dirts, it would scratch the plane. But if you can find a proper road or smooth concrete surface, it still can land safely. just put some thick tape on the belly and let the tape scratch, then replace the tape after a few flights. I use to land this way before.

Regards

Rocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2602
Just curious but I havent seen much on the X-35 from X-flight. I would love to get one but with no gear I would tear it up. There isnt any grass down here, just rocks and dirt with some occasional weeds! (I live in southwest texas, aka the edge of the earth, the desert!) Retractable gear would be nice!
X-flight is offline Find More Posts by X-flight
Last edited by X-flight; Apr 30, 2006 at 07:11 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 06:42 AM
Joined Apr 2006
957 Posts
Do all the X flight planes come with clear canopies? Looks like in some pics they are solid styrofoam and not clear and in the kits parts lists there is no mention of clear canopies..
aferguson is offline Find More Posts by aferguson
Old Apr 30, 2006, 08:47 AM
Joined Sep 2005
842 Posts
Dear Aferguson

All our planes are supplied with clear canopy.

The planes in our videos were prototype which may not have clear canopy during test flights.

Regards

Rocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by aferguson
Do all the X flight planes come with clear canopies? Looks like in some pics they are solid styrofoam and not clear and in the kits parts lists there is no mention of clear canopies..
X-flight is offline Find More Posts by X-flight
Old May 01, 2006, 01:19 PM
Will work for batteries..
USA, UT, Kaysville
Joined Feb 2005
472 Posts
Rocky,
I saw you guys are fiber glassing your jets, how and what are you using to do it? Also, what kind of tape do you put on the bottom? If I were to order one would all I need is the 68mm fan, a motor, esc, battery, receiver, and servos? I am interested in the F-35 but also the F-16.
sd2602 is offline Find More Posts by sd2602