HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2006, 02:06 PM
I even seen a house fly!
Montreal!
Joined Oct 2003
2,709 Posts
Wow! I really like that colour scheme Rich Is that one of mine up front?

K.
LedKitty is offline Find More Posts by LedKitty
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2006, 02:19 PM
Rich
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedKitty
Wow! I really like that colour scheme Rich Is that one of mine up front?

K.
Sure is, and a right smart cowl it is. Amazing how well it fit. No Adjustment needed.
Thanks Kitty
Rich
flycracker is offline Find More Posts by flycracker
Old Aug 31, 2006, 03:45 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTEOR
Aero, that was a RIP, or was that Buzz's Rip!
Judge for yourself. If you'll notice, when I stepped over the rose bush, my voice changed an octave or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca
Buzz,

No wonder you've got the only 25' TM in the universe. If I were a TM flying from your aerodrome I wouldn't go any higher either. That TM of yours has some smarts!

As far as the roses, you've given a whole new meaning to "bush pilot"!

LOL! No, the AA and my heli are the only machines I've found (yet) that I can fly here. I drive to a "secret flying field" with tons of room and paved runways to fly everything else.

Aeronca
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTEOR
Just becarefull Buzz to not be buzzin around them thorny rose bushes buddy. Even my wife cringed, I am not sure if it was in reaction to your wife's comentary.
I'm sure your wife was cringing for the rose bush. There's no way she could know.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Aug 31, 2006, 04:01 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycracker
Hey Buzz, It is no longer "white". The Tiger was flying so high the video I took only shows a small spec in the sky. CDR motor--so sweet
Haven't had a Tiger to fly for a long time, biggest problem is keeping it down to a reasonable altitude. You best finish you "white Moth" so you can get up there in the thin air. Oh yeah, no rose bushes up there either.
Rich
Rich,

That's lookin real good! All I need is a brushless ESC and I'll have everything I need for the white moth. My site has been keeping me pretty busy, but .... I do need to build it soon. I guess you never found the yellow moth? That's really too bad. That was a sweet little plane.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:53 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Flycracker:

Nice looking moth. Something about a white moth with appropriate trim. My planned TM #3 will be built from a white kit. I have a picture of Keith's moth on the wall for inspiration, and a picture of Kitty's Little Fishy on the wall as a motivator.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Sep 01, 2006, 12:58 AM
New Hampshire-seacoast area
Joined Jun 2005
1,755 Posts
Hey TM flyers, my TM has egg shaped exit holes for the control rods from all the flights on it. It's causing the rudder to keep from centering consistantly. Whereas they were just a punched hole when new, they've now become elongated and much bigger. Any suggestions for a light weight fix for this? I'd hate to add any weight to the tail end, she flies so nice now.

thanks
Paul
praymond is offline Find More Posts by praymond
Old Sep 01, 2006, 01:03 AM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by praymond
Hey TM flyers, my TM has egg shaped exit holes for the control rods from all the flights on it. It's causing the rudder to keep from centering consistantly. Whereas they were just a punched hole when new, they've now become elongated and much bigger. Any suggestions for a light weight fix for this? I'd hate to add any weight to the tail end, she flies so nice now.

thanks
Paul
Cut a piece of 1/32" ply and CA over the elongation. You can paint to match if it bothers you.
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Sep 01, 2006, 01:11 AM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
You can also try slipping a small piece of a cocktail straw over the control rod and then using some light weight filler to close up the space. It should bearly add any weight to the rear if done right.
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Old Sep 01, 2006, 12:02 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Egg Shaped Holes

Perhaps I am looking at this from the wrong direction, but I would think elongegated openings for the control rods would not be the cause of self-centering problems for a given operating surface. There would be less resistance to the movement of the control rod in an enlargened hole versus a new or tight opening. Is there a problem with the servo or the servo linkage?
It would be possible that the small diameter control rod is deflecting under load as it would not be supported properly due to the enlargened opening in the fuselage. This, I would think, would lead to less movement of the operating surface, or inconsistent deflection of the rudder/elevator. In that case, I think TeamTEOR has presented a very good workable solution.

I had a severe self-centering problem with the ailerons on my Speedy 400, due to the friction of the bowden wire setup and the deflection of the control rod(s) under load. Solved the problem with separate servos for each aileron.

Just my perspective.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Sep 01, 2006, 12:51 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
Perhaps I am looking at this from the wrong direction, but I would think elongegated openings for the control rods would not be the cause of self-centering problems for a given operating surface. There would be less resistance to the movement of the control rod in an enlargened hole versus a new or tight opening. Is there a problem with the servo or the servo linkage?
It would be possible that the small diameter control rod is deflecting under load as it would not be supported properly due to the enlargened opening in the fuselage. This, I would think, would lead to less movement of the operating surface, or inconsistent deflection of the rudder/elevator. In that case, I think TeamTEOR has presented a very good workable solution.

I had a severe self-centering problem with the ailerons on my Speedy 400, due to the friction of the bowden wire setup and the deflection of the control rod(s) under load. Solved the problem with separate servos for each aileron.

Just my perspective.

RD
Before you go to a lot of trouble fiddling with the elongated holes, take the control rod for your rudder off the servo. Then, move the stick on your Tx left and right and see if the servo arm centers when you let it go neutral.
It could be the servo.
Old Sep 01, 2006, 04:20 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,755 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take the wings off and check it out. If the servo seems ok, I'll ca a thin stirring straw in the body. It isn't too bad, the plane just needs a jig of rudder trim to set her off straight after some wild rudder action.
Old Sep 01, 2006, 04:50 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,755 Posts
Hey Buzz, Good Call!!

I pulled the wings and checked the rudder servo-- it's not consistant in it's centering. It's off by bout 1/16 returning to center, and hunts sometimes to find center. It's a hitec HS50, I have aa TP rs 50 that'll fit in the same space (two balsa rails going across the fuse). Probably the holes won't bother anything when I replace the servo.

I used to be able to hold my radio in my left hand and swat bugs, the the TM would just put along on a die straight coarse. Now I'll be able to do that again!!!

Thanks again

Paul
Old Sep 01, 2006, 05:13 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Going WAY off topic! Just got back from driving my son's new $125,000 show truck and he is already redoing the flames to "ghost" flames and putting on chrome wheels for the 40" tires! Even the door handles are flames.Truck started off as a Chev Avalance that morphs into a pick-up. 3000W stereo system! It is kind of like flying a airplane and feel like you should have oxygen from the driving height!
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Sep 01, 2006, 05:28 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by praymond
Hey Buzz, Good Call!!

I pulled the wings and checked the rudder servo-- it's not consistant in it's centering. It's off by bout 1/16 returning to center, and hunts sometimes to find center. It's a hitec HS50, I have aa TP rs 50 that'll fit in the same space (two balsa rails going across the fuse). Probably the holes won't bother anything when I replace the servo.

I used to be able to hold my radio in my left hand and swat bugs, the the TM would just put along on a die straight coarse. Now I'll be able to do that again!!!

Thanks again

Paul
No problem, Paul. I'm glad you were able to isolate the problem. Hopefully it's only the servo. I don't think oval shaped holes in the fuse would make the rudder bind. You're probably OK there. Let us know how it works out.

Buzz
Old Sep 01, 2006, 06:25 PM
Rich
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerace
Going WAY off topic! Just got back from driving my son's new $125,000 show truck and he is already redoing the flames to "ghost" flames and putting on chrome wheels for the 40" tires! Even the door handles are flames.Truck started off as a Chev Avalance that morphs into a pick-up. 3000W stereo system! It is kind of like flying a airplane and feel like you should have oxygen from the driving height!
boomer
Put wings on that there thang!!! For that much $ it should fly.
flycracker is offline Find More Posts by flycracker