HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:46 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWarriorBelgy
The feigo ####25L has oodles of power on an 8X6 SF prop in an "A" box on a 2 cells 830mah, it will achieve sustained inverted and do outside loops at 3.7 amps static...
Thanks for the info. Now the question: Is the SF prop the orange prop supplied with the model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWarriorBelgy
...so i don't pew the scrooch.
Ooooh, that hurts just to think about it!

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Doug Sipprell; Aug 29, 2006 at 09:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:05 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
Thanks for the info. Now the question: Is the SF prop the orange prop supplied with the model?

RD
Yes!
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:50 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerace
Yes!
boomer
Wayne, Boomer: Thanks, I think I have it now. OEM orange props are considered SF props, and pull a bit more amps than the HD prop, which can be obtained in black, possibly grey, and maybe orange. I am not exactly hung up on the orange prop, would rather use something that delivers or accepts good power and decent thrust. Sounds like the HD will be the way to go when I install a Feiago.

Tnx again.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:56 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Hi Doug, both the SF and HD props come in all three colors, orange, grey and black. Just BP Hobbies is out of all colors except black at the moment.

Off topic alert: awhile back we were talking about onboard video, I just posted a video taken on my fairly new glider this morning with a ST Labs 5 in 1 camera.

If you look close you can see a Pico Moth and a Mini Funtana flying around too.

Didn't have too much trouble hauling it past 25 feet.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...hmentid=969384
(caution: file is 20MB)

Wayne
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Last edited by Basketcase; Aug 30, 2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:24 AM
AMA 6418
New Stanton, Pa.
Joined Jan 2004
2,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase
Hi Doug, both the SF and HD props come in all three colors, orange, grey and black. Just BP Hobbies is out of all colors except black at the moment.

Off topic alert: awhile back we were talking about onboard video, I just posted a video taken on my fairly new glider this morning with a ST Labs 5 in 1 camera.

If you look close you can see a Pico Moth and a Mini Funtana flying around too.

Didn't have too much trouble hauling it past 25 feet.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...hmentid=969384
(caution: file is 20MB)

Wayne
Great vid Wayne...Keith...
Keith Wilson is offline Find More Posts by Keith Wilson
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:43 AM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Cool stuff saw the moth and switchback. You got up there pretty quick, got to love a good power system.
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:45 AM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Nice Vid Wayne! She glides well!
boomer
Old Aug 30, 2006, 08:10 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Jun 2006
315 Posts
That's pretty cool video, Wayne - that glider really leaps up to altitude, and you've got one awesome park to fly in there. Are the retention ponds/canals/whatevers I noticed accessible, or is there too much brush along the edges? They looked long enough for float flying.

Doug
elsyr is offline Find More Posts by elsyr
Old Aug 30, 2006, 09:07 AM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Thanks very much Keith, TEOR, Boomer and Doug.

The plane is a FVK Bandit mini hot liner, but I have it set up as more of a cool-liner, way underpowered by comparison to most Bandits. With the light weight (only 29 oz.)it is easy to launch and glides better (if slower) than the typical setup.

Doug, the retention pond used to be a lake, about 10 years ago they drained it and put in the peninsulas to make it a retention pond to settle out the stuff before it empties into the bay. There are a couple of places that are accessible right to the waters edge, but most of it is overgrown and pretty marshy. In the past four months there was a Tigermoth and Mini Ultra Stick that had to be retrieved out of the water, the second one needed a boat to get to it.

A pic of the camera stuck to the bottom of the wing with velcro. The string is the safety leash and goes to a wing bolt.

Wayne
Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:55 AM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Wayne, thats sweet. Makes me want to do it to my Easy Glider Electric and a small Aiptek camera.

My buddy Tim is coming by today. He finally got a laptop, so he should be joining us soon again on RCGroups. He was the guy with the Scoobie-Doo Moth.
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:07 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,233 Posts
Not to be outdone..... even though it is in the wrong thread... I also have a movie.
This movie was shot by my wife who was born camera challenged. You'll hear it a lot more than you see it. This is where I got tangled in the rose thorns by the crotch.

Long download. 25megs. Funny though. You just have to imagine you can see the Aero Ace at times!

www.cheap-rc.com/aero1.wmv
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:25 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Hi Buzz, excellent video. You have a great yard, it takes a brave man to fly anything there, with all the plane eating trees lurking about. Tell your wife that her work on the yard looks very nice.

The bump into the camera and keep flying, and the hand catch at the end were great touches.

Wayne
Old Aug 30, 2006, 02:09 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Great Video Buzz! ROFLMAO.......... It's obvious your wife doesn't understand you with the "like any Normal Person" remark. Doesn't she know by now that anyone who flys RC ISN'T NORMAL!!!
boomer
Old Aug 30, 2006, 02:37 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,233 Posts
Quote:
Thanks very much Keith, TEOR, Boomer and Doug.

The plane is a FVK Bandit mini hot liner, but I have it set up as more of a cool-liner, way underpowered by comparison to most Bandits. With the light weight (only 29 oz.)it is easy to launch and glides better (if slower) than the typical setup.

Doug, the retention pond used to be a lake, about 10 years ago they drained it and put in the peninsulas to make it a retention pond to settle out the stuff before it empties into the bay. There are a couple of places that are accessible right to the waters edge, but most of it is overgrown and pretty marshy. In the past four months there was a Tigermoth and Mini Ultra Stick that had to be retrieved out of the water, the second one needed a boat to get to it.

A pic of the camera stuck to the bottom of the wing with velcro. The string is the safety leash and goes to a wing bolt.

Wayne
Nice, Wayne!

I'm just about to send my 5 in 1 up for a try. I might use the Wingo because it is such a floater, but man....that prop is going to be loud. I can only dream of gaining altitude as fast as you did! I like it!
Old Aug 30, 2006, 02:49 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerace
Great Video Buzz! ROFLMAO.......... It's obvious your wife doesn't understand you with the "like any Normal Person" remark. Doesn't she know by now that anyone who flys RC ISN'T NORMAL!!!
boomer
Hahahaha! Wasn't it horrible? I like the part where I'm looking straight up at the plane....and she's looking at my back! She knows I'm not normal. I don't know if she's made the connection to the R/C stuff yet though. I figure the scars from the rose thorns in my crotch will heal in a couple of days.

Quote:
Hi Buzz, excellent video. You have a great yard, it takes a brave man to fly anything there, with all the plane eating trees lurking about. Tell your wife that her work on the yard looks very nice.

The bump into the camera and keep flying, and the hand catch at the end were great touches.

Wayne
I was trying to explain to someone else that although I'm in the middle of 5 acres, it's all hungry pine trees except where we cleared for the house. So, I have to fly around in circles to get above the trees... then I can zoom all over the place. I'll tell Terry you like her yard work. I have no idea where the bump into the camera lens came from. It was one of those twitches that turns out funny.... it just bounced off and kept on going. I have another short video I'll post after while. It really shows how high the little ace has to fly here. Some of these trees are about 80 ft. tall.