SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 31, 2006, 11:45 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
Moths, however, are very special. Love your Moth, and it will give you unconditional enjoyment and confidence, even if it is only to a height of 25 feet!

RD
AHA! Nobody will ever be able to replicate the 25ft. moth. I'm the only one who has one! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! <evil laugh> Anybody can build a TM that will fly to 1000ft. It takes special talent and an extreme knowledge of areodynamics to build one that will fly only to 25ft.
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2006, 12:10 PM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Apr 2003
2,387 Posts
Doug,
Thanks. I believe this Monday or next, the Tiger's Moth will be getting her new paintjob. So maybe flying her is in the near future...
About the winery thing... I like your suggestion. I will go for a drive down there soon and hopefully hook something worthwhile.

Buzz,
Takes more than that for me to be scared! Wish I could take you up on the offer.
It certainly does take talent to build a Moth like that. Don't let her change. (and for goodness sakes don't crash that one. it'll have to go in a museum one day!) LOL

Kitty,
That's so great that you got a ride in a TR6. Once you try an early Spitfire though, you'll never go back to that big 'ol thing again! Hehe

Corey
The Enemy is offline Find More Posts by The Enemy
Old May 31, 2006, 01:03 PM
I even seen a house fly!
Montreal!
Joined Oct 2003
2,709 Posts
Hehe I didn't just ride, I drove! Alas, Ian is considerably taller than me and the seat wouldn't budge so I was rather.. um.. reclined with my hand just making it to the shifter! lol But he assures me that he's since had the seat repaired, as well as the low hanging muffler and lose rad hose clip! As he says, it's a work in progress! Finishing touch will be to get that white paint off and return it to its original British racing green finish!

And apparently the weather up at the cottage has been improving dramatically (my birthday always brings the summer heat in like a lion! ) and the lake water has been getting warmer too, so I guess I'd better get the floats out for my moth! ^_^

K
LedKitty is offline Find More Posts by LedKitty
Old May 31, 2006, 04:21 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
AHA! Nobody will ever be able to replicate the 25ft. moth. I'm the only one who has one! Anybody can build a TM that will fly to 1000ft. It takes special talent and an extreme knowledge of areodynamics to build one that will fly only to 25ft.
Doff, Doff, Bow, Bow, from the lowest of the lowly.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old May 31, 2006, 04:22 PM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
...... It takes special talent and an extreme knowledge of areodynamics to build one that will fly only to 25ft.

Er.....No is doesn't, it just takes a little black rain cloud hovering over your head

that being the case .....you keep it
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy
Old May 31, 2006, 10:41 PM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Apr 2003
2,387 Posts
Happy belated, Kitty.

C.
The Enemy is offline Find More Posts by The Enemy
Old Jun 01, 2006, 01:56 PM
I even seen a house fly!
Montreal!
Joined Oct 2003
2,709 Posts
Thanks Corey! ^_~

K
Old Jun 01, 2006, 03:21 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedKitty
Thanks Corey! ^_~

K
Kitty was this the 23 or the 24th one? Anyway Happy Birthday!!!
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Jun 01, 2006, 03:37 PM
I even seen a house fly!
Montreal!
Joined Oct 2003
2,709 Posts
Uh... 23... yeah.. that's the ticket!

Hehehehe Thanks Boomer! ^_~

K
Old Jun 02, 2006, 01:52 AM
Fix all the things!
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jan 2004
598 Posts
Happy Birthday Kitty!
Your heat-lion seems to have stolen all the heat from down here, it's dammned cold and raining(for once!) all of a sudden. So much so that the annual Tiger Moth pylon race has been called off! I might have to to some wet-weather driving instead(insert loud crunching sound here!)

Peter
Ozprey is offline Find More Posts by Ozprey
Old Jun 02, 2006, 10:06 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWarriorBelgy
Er.....No is doesn't, it just takes a little black rain cloud hovering over your head

that being the case .....you keep it
That too! Last night I was flying one of my Aero Aces in the front yard, and it was great fun because it was windy. I caught one gust that blew the plane over backwards twice. I'm claiming they were loops! But, then the rain cloud over my head went off and the wind blew it into a very tall pine tree. One shot with the .20 ga shotgun and it came gliding down and landed on the ROOF! I can't win! I got it back.....finally!
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Jun 02, 2006, 03:11 PM
Eventually...I will fly
Israel
Joined Oct 2004
884 Posts
Hello everyone, i would like to ask a few question about the pico moth. i'm thinking about geting one for relaxed close to home flying. i'm flying all sorts of planes including the bigger 400 moth but find that they arn't realy very slow and do need some airspace, so will the little moth fit the bill?
now, what's the recomended power setup?, is it possible to use brushlees and keep the slow flying qualities?

Thanaks
Eran
eran_k is offline Find More Posts by eran_k
Old Jun 02, 2006, 03:31 PM
I even seen a house fly!
Montreal!
Joined Oct 2003
2,709 Posts
Hi Eran! It sure is capable of going brushless and staying slow!

There's pretty much two paths for this (well actually there's many paths, but for slow and light...) One is to use a Feigao inrunner that's pretty much a drop in replacment for the original IPS motor if you want to go geared. The other is to use a cd-rom outrunner (either DIY or buy a ready made one) which is actually lighter than the original geared IPS and with a lot more power! The other nice thing about CDR motors is that they are really nice and quiet

Oh and thanks Peter! I'm sorry about stealing your weather though!

K
Old Jun 02, 2006, 03:44 PM
Eventually...I will fly
Israel
Joined Oct 2004
884 Posts
First of all thanks!
i do have a cd rom motor (diy one) but the biggest prop i'm able to turn with it is a GWS 8040 HD, planes i had with this motor seemd quit fast, well maybe i should try it with 2S and a bigger prop. the motor is a 17 turns. so whalt would would be a good battery and prop combination for the moth?

Eran
eran_k is offline Find More Posts by eran_k
Old Jun 02, 2006, 03:57 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Hi Eran, my Pico Moth has been flying great with a 17 turn cd rom, 2S 800mah packs and the 8040 HD prop. It will fly slow and relaxed at about half throttle or you can speed up to manuevering speed for mothrobatics.

Here's a video of mine with the 17 turn and 8x4", keep in mind that this is a very old and worn out moth, with many many repairs so it's a little overweight. A new lighter moth will be able to fly slower.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...hmentid=842377
Here's some pics of how bad it really looks close up.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520533

Wayne
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase