HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:06 PM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
MAN!!! I wonder how rocked (PUN) you would be if you suddenly had a gallbladder stone issue! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sounds like you are going to need to employ a park400 geared inrunner or a Himaxx 2025 in the 4100kv to 5400kv range and a good 3s lipo. One thing for sure, it will go fast, and ABOVE 25 FEET!!
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:37 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I had a dream last night....
I have contacted Dr. Phil for you. He advises there is a Rubber Ramada just south of Jacksonville and a room has been reserved in your name. Prior to arriving, it has been suggested you take two Fizzy Plops and flush them down with a bottle of thin CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Cloak, you're doing a great job and a great service to fellow Mother's.
Gee, I sure hope he doesn't take exception to that!! Perhaps you should better clarify exactly WHAT he is doing to all those Mothers!!

Sorry, Cloak, just could not resist. More kudos in the email to you!!

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:55 PM
Let's ride!
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Aug 2000
194 Posts
I partially built a tm 3d and am finishing a tm 400 the 3d has very thin wings and supposedly flys at a high AOA. The 400 has thick foam wings and only has the ailerons on the bottom wings only. the fuselage is a little longer and the servos are on the inside. the 3d has the servos on the outside towards the end of the tail. I guess what I'm saying is it would be better to do the 400 and mod that instead of the 3d. It seems more capable. Either way, you wanna send some of those pills my way?? haha, j/k
Jessdog is offline Find More Posts by Jessdog
Old Nov 16, 2006, 07:04 PM
My first Build
Vancouver WA
Joined Jul 2006
973 Posts
JD- I'm putting the 3D tail servos inside, just like the rest of the the GWS moths.
radralph is offline Find More Posts by radralph
Old Nov 16, 2006, 07:34 PM
Let's ride!
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Aug 2000
194 Posts
gottcha. you gotta take some pics when done.
Jessdog is offline Find More Posts by Jessdog
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:01 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Aug 2003
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by der Oberflügel
As seen on "Mythbusers"!!!!

Well, for use in a concrete glider anyway....

Boomerace nailed it for our useage.

Saw that one too. Was thinking that they could have made a slope glider out of concrete.... nothing wrong with heavy in solid lift.
EcoTony is offline Find More Posts by EcoTony
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:03 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTEOR
MAN!!! I wonder how rocked (PUN) you would be if you suddenly had a gallbladder stone issue! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sounds like you are going to need to employ a park400 geared inrunner or a Himaxx 2025 in the 4100kv to 5400kv range and a good 3s lipo. One thing for sure, it will go fast, and ABOVE 25 FEET!!
LOL! If I had a gall bladder stones too.... I'd just be dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
I have contacted Dr. Phil for you. He advises there is a Rubber Ramada just south of Jacksonville and a room has been reserved in your name. Prior to arriving, it has been suggested you take two Fizzy Plops and flush them down with a bottle of thin CA.

Gee, I sure hope he doesn't take exception to that!! Perhaps you should better clarify exactly WHAT he is doing to all those Mothers!!

Sorry, Cloak, just could not resist. More kudos in the email to you!!

RD
ROFLMAO!!! I was waiting for that! Nope, I haven't even started on the white moth yet... I'm so busy on my site I really don't have the time to build anything. I'll have to wait until after Christmas when the orders slow down some. At the moment, it's - pack and ship-pack and ship- pack and ship! I've never seen so many plastic peanuts in my life! I hate those things! They stick to you like velcro. I wear them around all day.

Believe me, you don't really want any of these pain killers. I'm living in a bizzarro world! Last evening I headed out the back door to feed the fish in my wife's fish pond. She stopped me. "There are no fish in the pond, dear. Remember? The Racoons ate all but one and he's in the guest bedroom in an aquarium"!! Holy Cow! This morning I could not figure out where I keep my underwear.... Not to worry... I found them where they always are... I wonder why my Doctor doesn't want me to drive?
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:17 PM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
561 Posts
I apologize if this has already been discussed. I 'm thinking of ordering this brushless moth combo:

http://m-a-e.com/Sub_Pages/Products/...rMoth_Info.htm

Looks like a good deal? Any reviews, comments? Thanks in advance!
JookSing is online now Find More Posts by JookSing
Old Nov 17, 2006, 02:21 PM
Crash tester
Texas
Joined Sep 2006
850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JookSing
I apologize if this has already been discussed. I 'm thinking of ordering this brushless moth combo:

http://m-a-e.com/Sub_Pages/Products/...rMoth_Info.htm

Looks like a good deal? Any reviews, comments? Thanks in advance!

All I can say is I haven't ordered mine, Yet. Dave from MAE posts here now and again, and I took the opportunity to ask him some hard questions about the motor. I can't remember the specifics right now, but it looks to be a good, low KV, high thrust motor. I had planned to run mine on 3s 800s. You can't beat the price. that only $8 more than I paid for Kitty Bug, and then ditched her motor.
Drunkskunk is offline Find More Posts by Drunkskunk
Old Nov 17, 2006, 05:01 PM
Syracuse, NY (USA)
Joined Dec 2004
2,724 Posts
They reviewed his motor in the Power Systems forum a few days ago.
Block is offline Find More Posts by Block
Old Nov 19, 2006, 03:28 AM
72" of flying, flying, flying
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
2,095 Posts
They guys, whats happening? I had to go to page 3 to find our thread.

My TM build has slowed a little as I have bben off sick with the flu for the past 5 days. Hopefully by Tuesday I will be well again and be on the hunt for the elusive microballoons.

I'm a bit worried about using talc as I don't want my TM to smell 'girlie', maybe if I can find some nice masculine talc, hehehe.
Aussie_Toyman is offline Find More Posts by Aussie_Toyman
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:23 AM
Crash tester
Texas
Joined Sep 2006
850 Posts
Well, Micro baloons are great, but if you are only using them for the wing joints, you won't save more than a few grams with them. IMHO the weight you save isn't worth the days of not getting to fly it while you search for them.
Drunkskunk is offline Find More Posts by Drunkskunk
Old Nov 19, 2006, 12:54 PM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
In the years that I have been posting here I can tell ya this, it always becomes slow around here during the holiday season. Don't worry to much.

I'll take my moth out for a flight in a little while, that should help!
Old Nov 19, 2006, 01:21 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTEOR
In the years that I have been posting here I can tell ya this, it always becomes slow around here during the holiday season. Don't worry to much.

I'll take my moth out for a flight in a little while, that should help!
Quit rubbing it in! Still raining and we are 2"+ over the norm right now for the rain year which is alot of water anyway! 9" over for the month!
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Nov 19, 2006, 01:31 PM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerace
Quit rubbing it in! Still raining and we are 2"+ over the norm right now for the rain year which is alot of water anyway! 9" over for the month!
boomer
Boomer, I thought that you had a place to fly indoors?