HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by dragginass, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 04:30 PM
Joined Apr 2006
11 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
For Sale
Lanier 1/3 Scale Extra 300s....CHEAP!!!

Ok Guys, this thing has been sitting in my closet for a few years. Time to go. It is a Lanier 300s that I bought in its current state a few years ago with hopes of getting into the giant scale stuff....never happened. I'm getting back into r/c stuff, but going electric this time.

The plane is mostly framed up. Upgrades include all the godfrey foam parts, and composite supergear. The is a booboo on the rudder that needs be fixed, but is an easy repair. (can explain more if anyone is interested). I don't know how I couold ship this thing which is why I'm asking......$125. Plane is located in Baton Rouge, LA.

dragginass is offline Find More Posts by dragginass
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2006, 01:54 AM
northern cali
Joined Jan 2003
1 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
cute dog.....thats a very big plane! if u could ship it i would trade u my nexstar for it and u can turn it into electric.

Faith
jetskier23 is offline Find More Posts by jetskier23
Old Apr 30, 2006, 04:28 PM
United States, CO, Arvada
Joined Apr 2005
137 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Thats EASY to ship. Just build a crate from 1/8" ply and 1x2 pine. Screw it together with deck screws and use liquid nails as reinforcement. Or pack it in a large wardrobe box with lots of peanuts. Or, get a casket box from the local morturary, and pack it in that. Yes, a casket comes in a box, and you can get them if you ask.

Forward Air or Greyhound is cheap and reliable.

I've shipped airplanes that were that big, but they were assembled and had the tail glued on already. Thats a lot bigger than your fuse and wings. All you got is a fuse, wing panels and a couple tail surfaces. Its not that big. Put the fuse, foam turtledeck, and cowl in one box. Put the wings and tail surfaces in another box.

You CAN ship anything if you really want too.

I'm interested in it, if you'll ship it. I can send you pictures of crates that I've built in the past if you need help on building a crate.
Rcpilet is offline Find More Posts by Rcpilet
Old May 22, 2006, 11:34 PM
Lamar, Mo.
Joined Feb 2004
141 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Reply to Dragginass: Man, that ain't big. If you're in a fairly big city look in the yellow pages for a cardboard manufacturer and buy huge sheets of cardboard and make your own box using 2x2's in the corners for strength. I'm also interested if you will ship.
PS Put the pcs in the box and fill with peanuts and you're set/ I'd ship it Greyhound.
bluefly2202 is offline Find More Posts by bluefly2202
Closed Thread